In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Class Ring?

Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Did you get one? What was on yours? Have you wore it since high school? Ill update mine later.

Comments

• catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    I have one, it has my birthstone set in it, some kind of football related stuff on one side, and my school mascot and colors on the other. I wore it Junior and Senior years and I haven't seen it since. I have it somewhere safe, but not too sure where that is anymore.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Had one Class o 65. Sold it in the 80s when gold was so high to buy a Smith m29 44m[^]
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Yeah. I had one. I had a bad habit of twirling it on my finger all the time. It finally broke the stone one time when it fell on the ground. School mascot on one side and scales of justice on the other. School mascot, a Raider with his sword drawn back underneath the stone which was a fireburst birthstone. I took it to the jewelry store I bought it from and it had a lifetime warranty. I had me a Law Enforcement ring made to replace it since it was free. It is tough. Although, I don't work for that agency anymore, I intended to retire from there. It's a one off custom.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never bought one. My parents offered to buy me one, but I figured I would never wear it after high school(if I even would have then). Didn't get a letter jacket either. Just seemed like a waste of money to me.

Jon
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SO, what I thought would happen is what seems to happen with everyone. You never use it after high school.. Same with my brothers.

Mom and dad and I were talking about it. I prolly could have gotten a gold one, but I figured, why spend $400 on something that I will not wear in two years.

So, got a walmart cheapie . It some kinda steel, with a fireburst blue.. My birth stone is pink, and that would be really really ... yeah. So, I went with my favorite color. I didn't like any of the stuff they offered, except three things. Mascot, Fishing, Hunting. So, I got hunting and fishing, first name last name, engraved name, school name on top. Total price was around $75 bucks I think. Cant tell the difference between mine and other peoples white gold... Mine is alot cheaper if lost or stolen, and not as big of a money pit since I probably wont use it. Has the little warranty thing and what not. Ill post pics tomorrow, I am really amazed on what it is to be coming from walmart- everyone told me they suck quality wise.. They seem pretty good.
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Smart man, I too bought mine from Wal Mart. I wasn't going to pay two or three times as much for it from whatever company the school wanted me to buy it from. Hell, that was 9 years ago that I bought mine. 8 since I graduated.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my wife has mine. it was size 14. i think i paid $70.00 for it in 1969
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Mine is platinum with my birthstone. It has my name on one side of the birthstone, and some academic symbol on the other. It's up in my jewelry box.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time I thought it would pretty fly to have a highschool ring, an Army ring, a college ring, and possibly a graduate school ring. Ahh good thing I didn't waste my money.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Sold mine back in the 80`s
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,540 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is under a grocery store. My girl friend had it when we broke up and she threw it in a field. Now a store is there. My mom was really mad for a while. It was worth it i think. David
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    UNKNOWN. Girl I dated for 2 years never gave it back when we split, that was 18 years ago
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jon0322
    Never bought one. My parents offered to buy me one, but I figured I would never wear it after high school(if I even would have then). Didn't get a letter jacket either. Just seemed like a waste of money to me.

Jon
    +1
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one, blue stone and since our school was the Mariners the band has an anchor on one side and '78 (the year I graduated) on the other. I've never worn it since I graduated.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Never got one... not for high school, not for college, not for grad school. Didn't see the point.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Nope, don't wear jewelry
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I have three.

High School is white gold with the mascot on one side and football crap on the other.

College is gold with the Texas Tech logo where the stone usually is. Has the Red Raider on one side and B.A. on the other.

Law School same as above only with scales of justice.

Never wear any of them. They are in the safe.

7121767-a36.jpg
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    My High School ring is gone but I still have my College ring. I doubt it fits now. I haven't worn it in more than 30 years.

My youngest got his HS ring this year and promptly lost it about a week later.[:(!] They are not cheap these days...some are hundreds of dollars. I should have bought the insurance Jostens offered I guess.[8]

Here's mine, except that it's much older. [;)]
    http://ww2.balfour.com/ORP/VA126410/
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't get the HS one, but did get one from college.
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got the high school one for 75 dollars in 1972 and I thought that was expensive. I would do it all over again just for the memories.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Yeah I got one some five years ago, couldn't even tell you where it is at. Cost $181. It has a FFA emblem on one side and a wildlife picture on the other. Which petty much summed me up then. Thats what I would do pick what fits the you youv'e made over your years.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    I think I lost custody of mine in the divorce.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stopped wearing it at some point during college. It's stuck away in a drawer.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stolen at L.A. Greyhound Station.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    My High School ring is gone but I still have my College ring. I doubt it fits now. I haven't worn it in more than 30 years.

My youngest got hos HS ring this year and promptly lost it about a week later.[:(!] They are not cheap these days...some are hundreds of dollars. I should have bought the insurance Jostens offered I guess.[8]

Here's mine, except that it's much older. [;)]
    http://ww2.balfour.com/ORP/VA126410/

Jostens is the biggest scam lol.. My moms friend works there and offered to get us all the discount we wanted... I still wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. Who would get a 400$ ring to lose it, get it stolen, or never wear it again.

Hope no one ever steals mine.. They'll get a rude awakening when they get to the pawn shop.
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I got a Letterman's jacket instead. I still wear it every once in awhile. Graduated 11 years ago.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimberkid
    quote:Originally posted by Jon0322

Jon
    +1

+2

I did not want to waste money on nothing. No ring, Cards, Jacket or even a Tee shirt. That garbage never did interest me in the least.

All I wanted was out of there and into the military. Graduated 8:00PM Friday night June 8th . Was in Boot camp 4:00AM June 10th along with 6 other guys from the same class. They split us up after the first day at the Reception depot.
  • MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
    edited November -1
    Gave it to the high school sweatheart. Don't know where either are now.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad graduated from the same High School I went to. I just used his ring. The only difference was the year & who could ever see that?
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Parents wanted me to get one when I graduated high school. I told them no thanks. Wanted me to get one when I graduated college. I told them no thanks. They bought me one when I graduated with my masters. I wear it most of the time.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I have no class.
  • treadlok97treadlok97 Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad asked if I wanted one and I said no but a guy I worked with at the time had a smith and wesson 639 stainless 9mm for sell. So my dad went and bought it and gave it to me. I still have it 18 years later. I don't even wear my wedding ring.
  • HavegunJoeHavegunJoe Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have mine in the safe. It has a Tiger on one side, our mascott, and I don't remember what on the other. I wore it for a few years.
  • wvduecewvduece Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got mine in 1966 when i was a junior in high school i couple of different gals wore it for short periods of time then i met my wife she wore it for a few months then lost it so she said still sticks to the same story 42 years later so it must be the truth mine was a nice ring it was kinda square ring with a blueset and had 2 real pearl stripes across it with a bulldog in the center some stuff on sides like the year an something else cant rember girls wore it more than i ever did jb
  • pit_viper_53pit_viper_53 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one, in 1972, I think it was about $125. I gave it to a girl, but, she had given me something first. [}:)] [:D] She stll has both as far as I know. I still think I got the better end of the deal. Bythe time we had reached 25 she was a stone cold fox.[:(]
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one but lost it in 1969 ! [:(!]
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than to give to different girl every week or month, my class ring has served no other purpose. I never wore it. Every girl I gave it to had to "get whatshername's skank cleansed" and then re-wrap it with their own color yarn until it fit.

I had no idea where it was or who had it until it showed up in the mail last year. My ex-wife thought my daughter might want it. Why she had it is beyond me. Wish she would have sent back the $6K diamond that I gave her![:(!]
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still have mine, went different than what everyone else was doing back then. Also did not use the school suggested seller as some did, will pass it to my son at some point I reckon. Every once in a while I pull it out and think back to the good ol' days, man we had some good times.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got mine. wore it a little my freshman year of college; never after that. My wife has it in her jewelry box.
  • chiligunguychiligunguy Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First wife has mine. Id get it but then Id have to talk to the b>?"?.
    Oh well been 30 yrs since I wore it.