In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Low dollar .22 scope

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
I just got my third BSA .22 Special scope from Sportsman's Guide. Now, before everyone poo-poos on a $20 scope, we're not talkin' the $7.95 3/4" tube crud from Wally World. I've had one on a 900 fps spring piston pellet gun, and that's a whole lot tougher on optics than anything up to about .243. I have big buck Burris, Redfield, etc., and these things are are the sharpest 4x32's I've ever looked through. Really worth looking into for a budget .22 glass. Comes with rings too.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comments

• Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the tip, ill check em out

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
    th_israelC3.gif
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have a couple BSA scopes on .22s, and one on the New .17,, I also have a BSA CatsEye on my hornet..all clear and crisp and hold zero just fine..[:)]

"when you see the enemy, you attack and shoot him down, anything less is just bull shi*
    Baron Von Richthofen (RED BARON)

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Sweet 17 from BSA on my 17HMR and love it. Went and put a Mil-Dot BSA on my Rem 700 223. Holds zero just as well and is nice and sharp to boot.

Maybe if I won the lottery I would consider Nikon or Swarovski...but not on an enlisted mans budget.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight...then you did not plan well enough"
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    I have BSA Classic 4X32's on both my 10/22's, both are extremely clear and I've never had a problem with them holding zero. I would definately recommend them as a bargin scope for a rifle with little recoil.

Ben

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright
  • Options
    tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't like them small tube scopes , mine has a 3-9x32. I like to see what I am shooting at in a larger view. Did have a 4-32 on it but swapped it out. The one on there now is a Simmons and it was arounf $30 and I have been real happy with it so far.

Neo-Jedi
    Order
    th_reblogo.gif
    th_israel-army_04.gif
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I have one of the $25 BSA classic 4x32's on a 7 pound russian M44 in 762x54. I have put a couple hundred rounds through it with out any trouble. That rifle has wicked recoil.

• Options
    Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    richbug,
    i have shot the Russian 7.62X54 i did not think the
    recoil was too bad, not as bad as my H&R ultra
    in 30-06 it will push you back and up at the same
    time.

Shadow62

quote:Originally posted by richbug
    I have one of the $25 BSA classic 4x32's on a 7 pound russian M44 in 762x54. I have put a couple hundred rounds through it with out any trouble. That rifle has wicked recoil.

look and you will see
    listen and you shall hear
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Shadow, I dropped about 3 pounds off of mine. Skeletonized the stock, shortened the barrel, removed the bayonet, lug and sights. trust me it bucks. So do handirifles, but the H+R's have a better stock design.