In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bolt action rifles that hold more than 4-5 rounds

Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in General Discussion
The "One Rifle" post got me thinking about bolt action rifles. Are there any larger caliber bolt actions that hold more than 3-5 rounds?

Comments

• Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    A P-17 enfield will hold 6 rounds of 30-06, A SMLE will hold 10 in 303, and 12 in 308.

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Accuracy International stocked remington 700 .308 holds ten. you can buy conversion kits from cabelas also.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, my Enfield holds 10. Can't remember if I can squeeze another one in the barrel.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ishapore Enfields will hold 12 rounds in .308 and were produced in the mid-sixties and early seventies using the best quality steel. I think these Indian MkII Enfields are the the best bolt action military rifles ever made. I built several scout-type rifles using the the Indian Enfields.
  • Options
    Fourth HorsemanFourth Horseman Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsavo303
    My Accuracy International stocked remington 700 .308 holds ten. you can buy conversion kits from cabelas also.

Looked those Rem 700 conversion kits up on Cabelas. They make a ten round for the .30-06 that looks pretty nice. Always did like the Rem 700. Thanks tsavo303!
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    You can also get a 20rd "Trench mag" for M98 actions as well

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
    3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gifa5_193.gif3dflagsdotcom_israe_2fawm.gif
    Keeping the "Hairy League" in check since 1948
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "A P-17 enfield will hold 6 rounds of 30-06," MINE TAKES 20 RD. BAR MAGAZINES [^]
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Steyr Mannlicher Scout originally hold 5, but with a simple kit - you can hold 10.

Steyr Mannlicher SSG can be had with 5 and 10 shot cap.

You can get Accuracy International rifles with standard detachable boxmagazines, some that will hold 10-12 - and could be ordered with standard boxmagazines from AR15/M16 (5.56Nato) and a standard variant in 7.62Nato too (don't remember the make...)

Blaser R93 have 10 shot capacity.

Parker Hale makes rifles with 10 shot detachable boxmags too.

Sako TRG can be had with 5 and 10 shot cap.

I have seen a site that offered parts to chance your magazinewell to accept a boxmagasine instead - i.e. on some bolt action mauser-type rifles could have the floorplate, combined floorplate/triggerguardand magwell changed/exchanged to one accepting detachable magasines.

Polarbear.gif
    Polarbears walk a lonely path..

But we sometimes do kick back, relaxes and downs a beer. =o)
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Model 31 Swiss S.Ruben holds 7 rounds
    Model 71/84 Mauser holds 6 rounds

wings2.gif
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Swiss Vetterlis Hold 12