In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which Grip for Ruger P-89??

Mr502goMr502go Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
Which grip would be better??? The Pachmayr Signature series, or the Hogue panels w/fingergrip. I don't wanna use a slip on. Also, for those that have these grips, what pistol does the grip equipped ruger feel most like.

Comments

• Options
    goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Houge grips on my P-85 and I really like them. They go on super easy, on and off with just 2 screws.
  • Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always liked Hogues.They are sticky and provide a good grip.I have shot a P89 with em and it felt fine.CW

1.Before I got married I spent half my money on women and guns,THE REST I WASTED!

2.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does it help "fill out" the grip?? Aside of the finger grips, can you tell me what other handguns it feels like, so I can see at work (we sell a variety of handguns where I work)
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot a p-89 with hogue grips it was a good grip.

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • Options
    goldslammergoldslammer Member Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hogue grips are flat just like the stock Ruger grips,but they are soft rubber and provide a much better feel than the stock grips.I have large hands and the finger grooves fit just fine.

i have large
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know this will sound a bit odd. I don't yet have my CCW, so when I go to the range, I usually keep it in it's original box. I was wondering if it will still fit in the factory light grey plastic box with the Hogue grip??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know this will sound a bit odd. I don't yet have my CCW, so when I go to the range, I usually keep it in it's original box. I was wondering if it will still fit in the factory light grey plastic box with the Hogue grip??
  • Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My P-89 wears Houges, and they are great. I carry mine to the range in the box too, and it still fits without any problem.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey everybody, thanks for the 411, I think I now know which grip I'll be getting!! Thanks for clarifying the fitment of the pistol in it's box too. I know it sounded like a goofy question, but was a concern for me. Thanks Sundowner!!
  • Options
    sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not goofy in my mind. FWIW, a Ruger SP-101 with Hogue monogrips will not fit in the factory box properly . . .
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got to say the Hogue also. I have Hogues on my P-94 and I love them!!! It feels like the grip was custom made for MMEEEEEEE![:d]