In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many people get breaking news from GB?

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited January 2005 in General Discussion
I was looking at all of the threads attempting to bring us up to speed on Hillary's collapse. How many people read breaking news stories here on GB first as opposed to another news source either online, television or on the radio?

I'm not talking about obscure news about this piece of legislation that gets buried on the back of the B section of the newspaper. I'm talking about the stuff that is breaking which will make the front pages the next day but are being blared on every AM radio show and the stories that hit Drudge the moment they happen.

Comments

• hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm usually online most of the day conducting regular business and do not have direct access to cable TV or Radio. I'd say I hear important news on GB at least once a week, more often when important things are happening. Sometimes I go next door and turn the TV on to get more details. today for example, I did not think Hillary's collapse was important enough to stop what I was doing and turn on TV, but it was interesting enough to want to read about.
  • sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    First thing in the morning, last thing at night.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Since I'm here off and on during the day,The "Breaking News" I get on the 6:00 news is usually "OLD NEWS".[:D][:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    There are a few stories I read here first and then catch (sometimes) a few days later on the regular news services.
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary collapsed? Guess I'll have to look that one up.

I almost never watch TV at home. I hear of a lot of things first here at GB.

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Saddam was captured I heard it on another forum about 8 hours before the MSM even mentioned the possibility.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the spirit of "breaking news" I have posted an article by economist Dr. Tony Spiva from the Feb.issue of Southern Business Magazine that was not scheduled to hit the website until tonight at midnight. It's not really "breaking news" because it's comentary, but it is important, and you can read it here on GB first. I just finished editing the article and was sending on to layout when I got the idea from Idsman that maybe it would be a good idea to share some of the information published on my magazine and cable show each month. Most of information is business and economics, but there are enough folks on this forum that care about such things, I think. Look for post BUSH FACES TOUGH ECONOMIC CHALLENGES IN 2005
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The forums ARE my main news source. I only watch the late news on TV, and have usually already read about breaking news online. I miss some of Josey1's posts. Still praying for him.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Get my news on here from fox!

pa1.gif

Life is a journey fear no one, Respect Everyone
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I often tell my friends if it wasn't posted on Gunbroker, I haven't heard about it! All my friends/co-workers pick on my for my love of the forums!

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I appreciate getting an early, heads up here on breaking news.
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I enjoy reading the forum comments. Someone is always writing something outrageous....or....profound
  • young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all tou have to do to get regular new is stream in 850koa ( conservative ) and plus you get to listen to rush!

imay not know it all.....but at least I know that!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I can find all of the information and news about Islam/Moslems and homosexuals that I could ever want right here on Gun Broker every day...often several times a day and this Gun Broker service to humanity also includes regular updates on illegal alliens as a no cost bonus!

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian