In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Applying for a C&R

offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Can't see a downside to it. Got my mind set on a good CZ 52. They are advertised for $119. Sellers want $140 or so. That's not the rub; the rub is if I mail order to an FFL, I can't examine it until it's too late. Then if it's not quite up to par, I have to sell & go for another one, which means I stand to lose a bit on the wrong gun right away. In the second place, you'd be surprised how few shops around here decline to stock much good surplus and C&R stuff. So I can't even walk in and buy one except maybe at a gun show.

I called local ATF this morning and they're mailing me the forms. For $35 I can't see a downside. I'll make it back on my first purchase, plus no middleman fee for transfer. Here they are referring to it not as a C&R but as a CCR (Collector of Curios & Relics). When I said C&R the ATF guy didn't even know what I meant at first. Weird. Anyway, the gears are in motion. I already AM one, de facto, so I might as well make it official on paper.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

Comments