In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

amp question

chris_cechris_ce Member Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
whats the difference between the low and high level inputs.
sorry not about guns this time.

chris

Comments

• Options
    Flatlander03Flatlander03 Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would seem to me that high level input would be a signal that has been pre-ampliphied. Whereas low level would be line level non-ampliphied.

Flatlander03.jpeg
    [img]http://personal.zcloud.net/dean/Ban Daley not guns.jpeg[/img]
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

George Carlin
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm no electronics guy, but I do know that lo and hi are usually the two choices for inputs for things like microphones on a PA system. You usually can't make a mistake because one uses a 1/4" jack and the other takes a regular mic cable. There is a difference in impedence, I think -- they make simple adapters to convert one to the other. If I've got it straight, the expensive pro stuff is lo and the cheapie karaoke stuff is hi impedence mics with skinny little cords.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    Instant KarmaInstant Karma Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    on a powered sub-woofer,high level is speaker wires,low level is RCA pre-amp wires,thats all I know
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are talking car stereo amps, low level input would be the non amplified signal from the RCA jacks located on the stereo that are used soley for attatching amps. High level would be the input using the speaker leads from a stereo that is not made for use with an external amp. Low level hookup offers the best sound quality with no distortion, high level can overdrive the amp and make country music sound like hard core heavy metal[:D]

email.gif
  • Options
    hardtymshardtyms Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    low level takes the signal (no power) and amplifies it and high level would be taking the power from your left / right or front / back speaker wires which are already putting out power or rated as watts like 50 watts of power the low level are usually the pair of cords all on their own called RCA type plugins usually there is a left and a right

GUN CONTROL!!! Means hitting your target!!!! ((o))
  • Options
    chris_cechris_ce Member Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys. it is a amp for a truck.guess i should of said that.

chris