In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

aol, I`d rather not!

knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
AOL ha I can`t believe I just spent the last hour on the phone talking to one freakin idiot after another just to cancle our account! If I could only get my fingers around their throats! I am trying very hard to keep this clean enough for people to read, I am so peed off! I have retyped this almost completely 3 times now and every time I have to tell myself not to put what I did into this message, the GB forum is not where I should direct my anger towards, but to give a heads up to whoever will listen "or read" that AOL SUCKS and I wouldn`t recommend it to anyone ever and I will NEVER "yes I said NEVER!" use aol ever again. Can you relate?
I feel much better now, Naw not really, but I will after a few mags through the oL 1911. WHAT A
up company!

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, It gets everywhere in your computer and stays even when you get rid of AOL. I use RR. I hav had very few problems wit it and when I have they have been very nice about fixing them.

Phil

I learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    My daughter had AOL and canceled her acct. The only problem was that AOL kept hitting her credit card for the monthly amount. She had to get her CC company to get a remittance on the money they stole. Secondly AOL puts so much crap on your puter that it takes a long time to get rid of all of it!

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMEN!

Phil

I learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    knucklehead14knucklehead14 Member Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I wanted to do was cancel,I told them I didn`t have a pc anymore, just to keep from hearing the old stay with us routine. I had to put up with these pitches about how they would reduce my monthly cost and i could use aol on the phone or at the library and a bunch of other moronic sales pitches. What is so tough to understand about the simple words "I want to cancel aol! JEEZ!

Bad spellers of the world

"UNTIE!"
  • Options
    D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are surely UNTIED on this one!
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah they do that, theyll offer you free months, etc.. fortunately I never had AOL, I knew had bad it sucked before my parents made the mistake of getting it.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AOL is a pain in the butt. I tell everybody I know to remove the software that is preloaded for AOL on their new PCs.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne
  • Options
    Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Freinds dont let freind AOL[}:)]
    Piss poor Co. if ya ask me. They were my very first ISP. I only used them for the first 3 months because they were free. They are like a virus in your computer. Aol is for young kids and and folks that just dont know any better. When I bought my last PC I asked that all AOL software be taken out of it BEFORE I picked it up and paid for it.

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/The gun manufacturers are not making a dangerous product.
    Bad parents are.
  • Options
    drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate AOL[:(!][:(!][:(!],but they send nice targets every once in a while[:D][;)]

Never trust a government that doesnt trust its own citizens with guns
    --Thomas Jefferson

Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath?
    Thomas Jefferson