In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 36 yes or no!

65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
I am interested in purchaseing a Glock 36 (.45acp). Is it a good gun; pros and cons? Any info will be helpful. Thanks guys.

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love mine.....Accurate and reliable. I have large hands and shoot mine with my little finger wrapped under the grip. I had the opportunity to shoot one extensively before I purchased one.

I strongly suggest you fire one first also. The friends I have let shoot mine either love it or hate it...the main complaint is the size/feel of the G36 in their hands.

I tried the mag +1 extension but did not like the way it felt.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    Glock 36s are a polarizing gun. I personally don't like them as the single-stack isn't comfortable and the ammo capacity is pretty low. If you want a damn good single-stack 45ACP get a 1911. [^] Just my 2 cents however. I have a Glock 17 and love it. I also have a Colt 1911 and love it! [:D]

signew.JPG
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I tried one but I bought the model 30 instead. I like the chunky grip on the double-stack Glocks and could see no advantage to a 6-shot .45.

Lord Lowrider the Loquacious.

Member:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets

She was only a fisherman's daughter,
    But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The angle of the grip is......different.
    See if the 36 has a "natural" point of aim for you.
    Glocks do not "for me."

The trigger safety made the tip of my finger sore after shooting a few mags through my 30.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    just say no to glocks
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the opposite problem that Lowrider mentioned...I owned a G30 and traded it off because I could never get a good grip on it. With that in mind I will say again, shoot one before you buy it....

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    if you buy one, DO NOT SHOOT RELOADS THROUGH IT! most of the documented glock kb's are from 45's. shooting factory ammo is fine. reloads built to factory specs would probably work out fine as well(but void the warranty none the less)but no reloads

on the grip shape,
    a single stack 45 isnt hard to get a grip on.
    a double stack glock isnt hard to grip either.
    but for some unknown reason. a single stack glock just doesnt work for a lot of people. on this one, definatley try before you buy

nremtpatch.jpgNever bring an ambulance to a gun fight till it's over.emt.jpg
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy mine.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they offered this configuration is the 10mm I'd jump on it in a heartbeat!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter

Glock does make a 10mm:

Glock models 20&29 check it out.

Never try to mix and match 40S&W with 10mm!!!

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, don't buy one! They are made by Glock!!

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • Options
    kindofsuddenkindofsudden Member Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one a couple weeks ago. I was looking for a great carry gun (full size USP was getting a bit bulky). I believe the single stack makes it much more comfortable and easy to conceal. It has been to the range twice so far. Here is what I found:

- Since this is my first Glock, I knew the trigger would be different. Different strokes for different folks, but I LOVE this trigger. It has a very smooth pull, and now I know what people mean when they cite a "crisp break."

- About 200 rounds so far with no misfeeds.

- Gun is more accurate than I am. Gotta work on that.

- I have had a little problem with pinky pinch. There is a little space between the bottom of the grip and the base of the mag where my pinky grips the gun. During the recoil (which isn't really bad by the way) my pinky gets pinched in there. I have since read other accounts of the same thing. I loosened my grip down there (easy to do on a smaller gun like this since the weight is more up top anyway), and it not only stopped the problem, but tightened my groups a bit as well.

I would recommend the gun. Wish they offered stock night sights.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not for me, that's for sure.

I don't like Glocks that much to begin with. . .so why would I choose a single stack one in .45?

If you want a single stack .45, I think the answer is pretty obvious. There are polymer frame 1911s out now for lightness, if that's what you are after. Smith also has a well-received one in Scandium that's light.

If you don't want to deal with a "safety" try the Para-Ordinance LDA system.

On the other hand, if you do favor Glocks, I don't see a reason why NOT to pick this one, assuming you arent going to BLOW IT UP with lead bullets or reloads!
  • Options
    cntrmasscntrmass Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a look at one of these.It looks smaller than the 36 to me though Im not sure if that is fact.I beleive its a 6 shot as well.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32882033
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one briefly and it was unweildy. I'm not that big of a guy. The grip size was OK, but I found the polymer frame and short slide hard to control after firing. Plus mine wasn't that accurate.

An old friend of mine had one, also, and he put a mercury recoil reducer in his and let me try it. The recoil was a lot better, but I didn't find out until I had already sold mine.

Have you looked at the Sig P245?

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 65gto389
    quote:Originally posted by bambihunter

Glock does make a 10mm:
    Glock models 20&29 check it out.

You are correct... I already have and love my Glock 29 for CCW and my Glock 20 for home defense. I would just think that occasionally having the thinner grip of the single-file G36 type frame would be nice for CCW. If Glock offered a G36 inspired 10mm, I'd own it too (single stack polymer framed 10mm Glock).

I'm a major 10mm fan, and have quite a few already, but always wish for more! [8D]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
  • Options
    PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I waiting on a Glock long slide practical/tactical as the model 34/9mm and 35/40s$w[:D] I can only hope.

Ohio
    Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4

mn_triumph-stipple-LG.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There's a write-up by a guy that made a G20 longslide from scratch. I don't know if you meant you wanted a .45acp or 10mm, but the steps should be the same. I think he describes what he does a few posts down...
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=391713
  • Options
    PointerPointer Member Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes 10mm[:D] I had read that post already,im also a GlockTalk member and a 10mm nut.I would prefure that Glock came out with a 10mm longslide as the cost of the extra slide and barrel ect would be to costly in my opinon,at least for me.
    My Glock 20 $550.00 +or-
    slide $550.00
    barrel $165.00
    [:(][:(]

Ohio
    Constitution,Artical 1,Section 4

mn_triumph-stipple-LG.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just buy the frame, then the slide, etc... I think that's what they did if memory serves.