In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pics again

chris_cechris_ce Member Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
i have done a search with no help so here goes.
how do i post a pic i have the yahoo briefcase crap and still it doesn't work.
have also tried with my webshots and still doesn't workeditPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=53323416&photoID=53323539&security=EBXiHg

My%2bDocuments%26.src=bc%26.view=l

i also tried to email it to myself from yahoo and still didn't work

chris

Comments

• Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone here gave me this link last week. It's where my little signature guy is being hosted.

www.villagephotos.com

Woods

1700023.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1708631.jpg

holy cow i think i finally have it.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are on the right track. You need the URL for Ebay and EZboard bulletin boards.

Woods

1700023.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks finally got it

chris
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chris;
    You got it. Now what is it? [:D]

woods;
    Thanks for the link.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    The reason that Yahoo doesn't work, is because too many people upload pictures to their servers to a Yahoo-homepage and use it as storage and link to the pictures from other pages.
    That is called "Remote-Linking".

If too many people do that on a worldwide basis - that will eat up a lot of the server bandwidth and slow down their servers.

So Yahoo doesn't support "Remote-Linking" like that anymore - saving their bandwidth to people who actually use their homepages and services.

In short - pictures on a Yahoo-server, can only be seen through the Yahoo-server by accessing the actual homepage that is created there by the user or accessing the Yahoo-Group where the picture is uploaded to.
    You can't pick out one picture from a Yahoo-server/-homepage and remote-link to it from a site like this forum.

Some web-/homepage-services do support the "Remote-link"-feature.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those of you on broadband, it is real easy to set up your own website and/or host your own pictures on your home computer. Of course, if you shut your computer down at night then the pictures won't work either...

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.