In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My Dad And The Neighbor Across The Street

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
My Dad was about 6 ft 3 and about 250 pounds. He was the nicest person i have ever met. I have never heard my Dad raise his voice in anger.

My dads dad my grandfather was a drunk alcoholic. He beat his family. My Dad was 15 before he was big enough and strong enough to beat his dad. After he came home drunk and started beating his kids my dad choked him until he was about to pass out and let go.

He told him if he hits anyone again he will kill him. Thats the only time i ever heard of him getting mad.

Where i grew up the area was 90% white in 1965. When i left for the military it was 90% black. Before it got bad we moved to the country.

One day this black man was washing and waxing his car. My dad walked over and asked him to turn the music down and the man told him he could play his music as loud as he wanted to. My dad asked are you sure. The black man said yep.

My dad played guitar in a band and he put his Peavey speakers about 5 feet high and amp outside and played really old country music.

After about 1 hour the man came and told my dad that he was sorry and would not do that again. Just turn it off. lol

Comments