In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GunBroker picture viewing

uhjohnsonuhjohnson Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
What happened to the classic viewing on GunBroker. I do not like the view larger images, they are not as large and some what difficult to move around

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You gonna get your Johnson whacked! Don
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The classic view retired this morning. It is currently on its way to Florida ....
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,149 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: I do not like the view larger images, they are not as large and some what difficult to move around

Huh? How can they be larger and not as large at the same time?
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    quote: I do not like the view larger images, they are not as large and some what difficult to move around

I THINK what he means is if you click on what is now the larger view its not as large as the older view was
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    The classic view retired this morning. It is currently on its way to Florida ....

East coast or West coast???[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redhawkk480
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

I THINK what he means is if you click on what is now the larger view its not as large as the older view was

Thanks Redhwak, I appreciate the translation. Never noticed. Old eyes.[:(]
  • Options
    BUCKAWHOBUCKAWHO Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi....This website used to be easy to operate. Now, for some reason, the changes made, such as the forum access and pictures of items, are more difficult for a lot of users. And Captfun seems not to care much about us users having difficulty here. What gives??? BT
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't noticed any difficulty on my desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone. It is different. Not better or worse that I can tell. Just different.

CaptFun has explained that the changes were made to make the site more usable for smartphone users, and as I recall the changes were needed or The Google was gonna ignore GB.

Since GB has this crazy idea that as a business they ought to make a nickle once and awhile, I imagine being an InterWeb company and having The Google PO'd at them was looked at as a 'Bad Thing'.

One question: As the Classic View heads to Florida, is it wearing a hat to warn the drivers behind it?
  • Options
    uhjohnsonuhjohnson Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears most of the responders did not know the viewing format changed and the old viewing format was available and called the "classic view", the link was above the discription until 8/29/2016, when it moved away. When the clasic view was selected the pics filled my screen and could be enlarged and moved around with ease. The newer "view larger image" does not fill my screen and is difficult to enlarge and move around on my tablet. Bring the "classic view" back
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,042 ******
    edited November -1
    I like the old view better too, but CaptFun says the new format works better with all the yuppie machines out there. (mobile devices)

My wife has yuppie machines (smart phone and tablet) and I have tried to use them. New format, old format, makes no difference. I can't use the dang things. Wife had to snatch her phone out of my hands to keep me from hurling it against the wall.

I was dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age, and I have hit a plateau in my computer learning. Here is where I will stay. Thanks.

ujohnson says the new format doesn't work as well on his yuppie device though. Maybe if enough of you who use the latest technology will request it, a change can be made.

I don't care for the new format, but I do like GunBroker, so I will stick around a while.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My bank accounts have not noticed that I have been hampered by the new format.[:(] Oh Sorry Capt. Fun, I mean [:D]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are on a non mobile device...
    On the keyboard hold the CTRL button and click on the + button to enlarge the screen / picture.

Hold CTRL and click on the - button to reduce the size of the picture.