In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A gun I really like

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
My little Beretta 21-A stainless steel.

I am shooting stingers in it, it is a defense gun. It is small, light, easy to use, easy to load with the tip up barrel and very safe, carried hammer down safety on. The design resists dirt and crud getting into the mechanical parts, when carried in your pocket nobody knows it is there.

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. I might have one that I carry more than anything else.[;)]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only negative I can find with that little gun is lack of an extractor. If you drop the hammer and have a dud, you can't just rack the slide and chamber a new round.
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    The only negative I can find with that little gun is lack of an extractor. If you drop the hammer and have a dud, you can't just rack the slide and chamber a new round.

Just flip the lever to release the barrel and the bad round goes flying out.[:D]
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to have it's big brother - 950 Jetfire .25ACP.
    Very handy little mouse gun!
    +1 on the tip up barrel. [^]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The tip up barrel is pure design genius for a common problem with small guns. The slide is tiny and has a stout spring, if you have small or weak hands it could be a real problem to charge the chamber by racking the slide. With the barrel tipping up you drop a round in, close the barrel and insert the magazine. You are now ready to rock and roll with 8 rounds on tap. [^]
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice little weapon but touchy on ammo and a nice little pocket rocket[:D][:p]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Is it the "TOMCAT", in .32ACP???
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    The tip up barrel is pure design genius for a common problem with small guns. The slide is tiny and has a stout spring, if you have small or weak hands it could be a real problem to charge the chamber by racking the slide. With the barrel tipping up you drop a round in, close the barrel and insert the magazine. You are now ready to rock and roll with 8 rounds on tap. [^]

If you say so.

Just don't screw those steps up...
    Tip the barrel up and cycle the slide.

= disassembled gun.