In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Obesity topic brings up a valid question

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
What is is that YOU do that is either a drain on society, or interferes with other people in a normal week?

The only thing I can think of is discharging firearms on my property which some of my surrounding folk do not approve of.

i smoke, but I do not smoke in places with food, in my own home, or around others who do not smoke.

I might be missing something here, so a little help might be in order [}:)]

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're a "sucker for punishment" huh?[:0][:D]

I chew Skoal a bit, but only in my truck and at home while outside,.....does that count as offensive?

And I also drink a few brews in the evening.
    Surely I am toast now![:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I operate an Electric Cart retrieval service specializing in the repair/replacement of overstressed tires. [}:)][;)]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    You're a "sucker for punishment" huh?[:0][:D]

I chew Skoal a bit, but only in my truck and at home while outside,.....does that count as offensive?

And I also drink a few brews in the evening.
    Surely I am toast now![:D]

You damn heathen![:D]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I operate an Electric Cart retrieval service specializing in the repair/replacement of overstressed tires. [}:)][;)]
    lmao, you are a bad man [}:)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I grow tobacco.

I dont drink or do drugs or take farm subsidies even though I could apply for them.

and pay my taxes..

Cant really think of much unless you believe global warming is going to kill us all..
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    I breathe, thus expelling CO2 causing the polar ice caps to melt, thus killing off the polar bears, causing the oceans to rise and drowning thousands of pacific Islanders. So, I guess I am a murderer of half naked islanders, I promote the extinction of the polar bears and I caused the flooding of New Orleans.

Oh...and I use the grey water from my washing machine to water my lawn.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    I breathe, thus expelling CO2 causing the polar ice caps to melt, thus killing off the polar bears, causing the oceans to rise and drowning thousands of pacific Islanders. So, I guess I am a murderer of half naked islanders, I promote the extinction of the polar bears and I caused the flooding of New Orleans.

phosphates are a * on the environment, oh wait, laundry detergent does not have phosphates in it any longer [xx(]
    edited November -1

...guess I'm guilty as well.
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My only source of income is your tax dollars.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

...guess I'm guilty as well.

Watering your lawn with laundry water is EVIL!!! Al Gore would not approve!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cce1302
    My only source of income is your tax dollars.
    not mine, I don't have a job. I live in my parents basement
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    I drive really fast and light up the tires once in awhile but I haven't been stopped yet so I guess that's not really a drain.
  • Saxon PigSaxon Pig Member Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to think that I am on the whole a positive effect, doing more good than harm to society and the world.

But then, I used to think that about being a member here, too.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I smoke the occasional cigar outside. My dogs frequently take a dump in my own yard. I've been known to pass gas occasionally. Sometimes in public. I like a brew or two of an evening. I've been known to imbibe a skosch of bourbon[:o)]. or three or four. I don't drive afterward. I have been known to engage in profane language upon occasion. I try to keep it in private.

Other than that, I'll be damned if I can figger out anything that I do that might impose on others. I pay my own way, and ask for no assistance. I hope it always is so. Barring a beer truck running me down, or some such.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I make money off of raping the earth of her oil and natural gas deposits.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady

Me also...if oil would get up to 90 a BBL things would be good!
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    I sometimes discharge obnoxiously loud and smelly firearms.
    edited November -1

hush yo mouth lol
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well let me see.

I am too tall too wide and too heavy. [8D] I am on Medicaide and Medicare. I pull down some serious money from these two illegal sources. I know I have drawn out far more money than I ever paid in.

My medicine bill per year is more than I get in Social Security. Please all you able bodied people could you get a second job I want a raise. [:D]

P.S. I am not on food stamps so I can eat all the junk food I want.

Edited for spelling
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm Grumpy wonder why.

But to be honest there is one laid off so at this time I cannot complain about those recieving from the system. But would rather be working.

Have only been able to buy one firearm since laid off. Got that one cause nobody outbid me[:o)]

Really feel for those who are laid off. I'm a little more lucky since I draw a military retirement.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

hush yo mouth lol

[:D]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do I drain society? Hmmmm..... It depends on what "circle" you run in.

I drive a 67 Camaro that runs so rich you can just about TASTE the gas if you aren't moving. The hybrid pushers would hate me.

There is NO easy way to recycle where I live so if a tree hugger were to see my garbage they would cry.

I don't like bugs or mice so there is a "circle of death" for these things surrounding my home due to poison and killing traps....so the environmentally concious peta types would hate me.

I have three kids so the guys that think the planet is too crowded would hate me.

I have put thousands and thousands of firearms into the hands of my customers.....so you I can imagine the anti-gun crowd equate me to the "devil."

I watch TV with half the lights on in my home and two A/C units or heaters keeping the temp like we want it in our home.....I'm betting I wouldn't pass the "green" test if they gave it to me.

I don't smoke....I do drink a little....I'm a bit overweight, but not bad.

You can't make everyone happy. If you are looking for a gun loving, hard headed, fun to be around girl I fit the bill.....but after that I can't help you.

**On a side note I am in the middle of creating a weapon of mass destruction that is carving a path through YOUR world (evil laugh....bwaaa ha ha ha!) She is 17.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    I work 10 hours a day to support the habits of those that refuse to work because the Government will give them a pay check just for being alive.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

I drive a 67 Camaro that runs so rich you can just about TASTE the gas if you aren't moving. The hybrid pushers would hate me.

There is NO easy way to recycle where I live so if a tree hugger were to see my garbage they would cry.

I don't like bugs or mice so there is a "circle of death" for these things surrounding my home due to poison and killing traps....so the environmentally concious peta types would hate me.

I have three kids so the guys that think the planet is too crowded would hate me.

I have put thousands and thousands of firearms into the hands of my customers.....so you I can imagine the anti-gun crowd equate me to the "devil."

I watch TV with half the lights on in my home and two A/C units or heaters keeping the temp like we want it in our home.....I'm betting I wouldn't pass the "green" test if they gave it to me.

You can't make everyone happy. If you are looking for a gun loving, hard headed, fun to be around girl I fit the bill.....but after that I can't help you.

**On a side note I am in the middle of creating a weapon of mass destruction that is carving a path through YOUR world (evil laugh....bwaaa ha ha ha!) She is 17.
    You're a good woman LF, I have no doubt of it. I think you misunderstand my other posts. I was only giving ou back the feedback that I thought you were asking for. I always liked you, I have even purchased some of these "weapons" from you. besides, your wmd is too young for me lol
  • proappproapp Member Posts: 3,264
    edited November -1
    i like turtles, and im too skinny
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

You're a good woman LF, I have no doubt of it. I think you misunderstand my other posts. I was only giving ou back the feedback that I thought you were asking for. I always liked you, I have even purchased some of these "weapons" from you. besides, your wmd is too young for me lol

HOWEVER
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by aglore
    I work 10 hours a day to support the habits of those that refuse to work because the Government will give them a pay check just for being alive.

If you could see fit to work in a few 12 hour days I could get those new spinners for my van. [8D]
    edited November -1
    I drink beer..and I fart noxious fumes.

I discharge firearms, releasing toxic fumes into the air and dangerous metals into the earth.

I eat meat, causing the untimely deaths of farm animals.

I watch TV, but not he "approved" channels.

I post at GB Forums.

And, to top it off, I'm a Libertarian who voted for RP.

By Obamanation's standards, I'm a threat to society.

PS - I drive a 4x4 and Mrs. Loaf a SUV[:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    I drink beer..and I fart noxious fumes.

I discharge firearms, releasing toxic fumes into the air and dangerous metals into the earth.

I eat meat, causing the untimely deaths of farm animals.

I watch TV, but not he "approved" channels.

I post at GB Forums.

And, to top it off, I'm a Libertarian who voted for RP.

By Obamanation's standards, I'm a threat to society.

PS - I drive a 4x4 and Mrs. Loaf a SUV[:0]

ah, but the dangerous metals you put into the earth originally came from her as well. You are just replacing what was borrowed [:D]
  • TangoSierraTangoSierra Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Methane generator ...[:D]
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    I have been actively "HOARDING" BBs. This has caused much added pollution to the earth by the mining of lead and copper. Plus those smelly little BROWN trucks belching black o2 on AL's "O"zone bringing their evil cargo to my door[}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave

If you could see fit to work in a few 12 hour days I could get those new spinners for my van. [8D]
    ah make light of the fact that you receive stolen funds. Receiving stolen property is against the law unless the government steals it and gives it away. Another wonderful example of shameless panhandling
  • Nurse DebbieNurse Debbie Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your tax dollars pays my retirement check.[:X]

I drive a huge gas guzzling SUV. (say it ain't so)
  • flyingcolumnflyingcolumn Member Posts: 374 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Work in a nasty "earth rapeing" industry,heat the house with wood heat and pollute the atmosphere with gun smoke when possible. Other than that just being a fat guy and giving Todesengle and like minded folks a case of the a**
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave

ah make light of the fact that you receive stolen funds. Receiving stolen property is against the law unless the government steals it and gives it away. Another wonderful example of shameless panhandling

But it was stolen from my paycheck for years. Are you saying I should not get it back?
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,061 ******
    edited November -1
    My paycheck comes from other people's taxes.

I pay part of my paycheck to taxes, Social Security, and Medicare to help other people.

I pay into a retirement system too.

One day, I will stop working and draw from the retirement system what I paid in, plus interest, plus a 2:1 match, also paid for by the taxpayers.

I reckon I take more than I give. Sorry.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:What is is that YOU do that is either a drain on society, or interferes with other people in a normal week?

not near enough
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I offer free hugs to people who don't want them.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smoker huh? The horror!

Being a tall skinny guy that I am, when I fly I like to see how much leg room I can steal from the person sitting next to me. [}:)][:o)][}:)][:o)]