In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just thought id say hello

divebombdivebomb Member Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Used to come here allot, havent been here in along time, thought id come and see what all was here.
Just graduated OSUT training at FT Knox, 19 delta.
looks to me like ist still same old same old around here/ :)
well hope you all are doing well take care.

Comments

• mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by divebomb
    Used to come here allot, havent been here in along time, thought id come and see what all was here.
    Just graduated OSUT training at FT Knox, 19 delta.
    looks to me like ist still same old same old around here/ :)
    well hope you all are doing well take care.

It's still a fun place to hang out!
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome back. It's a little weirder today than yesterday, but I'm sure it will be a lot weirder tomorrow!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    Does the steak house by the mall still have all you can eat steak? its past the walmart on the left.
  • divebombdivebomb Member Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the only food ive really gone to is texas road house, im from idaho, never been to one, i really like it though, peanuts, meat and beer[:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been a while.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I've been wondering about what happened to you...think I even sent you an email a while back. Drop in more often.
    edited November -1
    every once in a while i come in and read a bit, but dont post.
    the last 4 months ive been living in the dark basicly, going through basic at ft knox at age 37 hhahahahah, what a fun time. im in louisvill now, bord out of my mind missing the mountains of idaho, but i got the net, :) so i thought id stop in and type a bit this tyme ;)
    edited November -1
    every once in a while i come in and read a bit, but dont post.
    the last 4 months ive been living in the dark basicly, going through basic at ft knox at age 37 hhahahahah, what a fun time. im in louisvill now, bord out of my mind missing the mountains of idaho, but i got the net, :) so i thought id stop in and type a bit this tyme ;)

I don't remember you ever mentioning the fact that you were going in the Army.?.?...but that doesn't say much...I cannot remember much anymore.[:I][B)]

Thank you for your service!

BTW...do you need anyone to take care of your gun collection while you serve?!?!?[:p] Didn't you have a Barrett, in 416 Barrett?
    edited November -1
    i do have the 416, and many many other fun toys.
    im the one that sent you the tannerite, you got that right :)
    all my poop is sitting back home all locked up safe and sound.
    I never told anyone that i was going into the army, i just planed for it and did it.
    well am still doing it :)
    i still at Knox now for two more weeks, somehow i got selected for stryker skool, what ever, i would have been much happier with air assault or something high speed but oh well is what it is. i go to ft lewis here in two weeks, thats sort of cool, i get to be in the PNW, sort of like home ;)
    edited November -1
    i do have the 416, and many many other fun toys.
    im the one that sent you the tannerite, you got that right :)
    all my poop is sitting back home all locked up safe and sound.

Yep...I thought I had you placed...just wanted to make sure.[8D]

Stay safe...and thank you once again for your service! Those youngens must be putting a whooping on you...37 is a far cry from 18![:0]

If you need someone to go by and caress the Barrett, just let me know![:D]
    edited November -1
    I tell you what you come down to central idaho when im home will take her out and ill set you up with some 2000 yard rockchuck shots ;)
    as far as being 37 vs 18, im one tough son of a gun, i keep up just fine and then some, they call me the machine. [8D]
    my two mile is 12:50 its all that high elevation hunting, hikeing and beer drinking in idaho ;) that gave me the edge:)
    honestly it was hard as poop but my mental game at 37 is what gave me the edge. i wasnt even the oldest, there was one guy, 38 from hawaii, man he was a tough old man, most the older guys didnt make it broke knees shoulders ect. allot of young bucks didnt do well, got the body, just not the heart. but i have new found respect for all, its some tough tough poop. :) and i expect there is allot more to come :p
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    I tell you what you come down to central idaho when im home will take her out and ill set you up with some 2000 yard rockchuck shots ;)
    as far as being 37 vs 18, im one tough son of a gun, i keep up just fine and then some, they call me the machine. [8D]
    my two mile is 12:50 its all that high elevation hunting, hikeing and beer drinking in idaho ;) that gave me the edge:)
    honestly it was hard as poop but my mental game at 37 is what gave me the edge. i wasnt even the oldest, there was one guy, 38 from hawaii, man he was a tough old man, most the older guys didnt make it broke knees shoulders ect. allot of young bucks didnt do well, got the body, just not the heart. but i have new found respect for all, its some tough tough poop. :) and i expect there is allot more to come :p

My Nephew just completed stryker training down there , Shane Wheeler. he is heading to Germany, sounds like he might be in bound for Afganistan, he is in armory but they crossed trained for the new stryker for the theater in Afganistan. I am so proud of him and you. Thank you for your commitment and service to our country.
    edited November -1
    which company was he with, i was with charlie 5-15, fox graduated before us and i think some of them are going to germany, most I think are going to hawaii, but were scouts, your nephiew is a tanker? I think so any how, there are so many people there :)
    all charlie is going to washington, i hear next cycle is going to alaska, there wer only 11 of us from charleis out of 140 apx people that got stryker, two got airborn. the rest went helter skelter across the globe. were all Scouts not Armor, they got us all mixed up, tankers and scouts all mashed together. ill keep his name fresh in my mind if i run ito him ill say hello, theres allot of strykers, but its still a pretty small comunity chances are we might cross paths :)
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    which company was he with, i was with charlie 5-15, fox graduated before us and i think some of them are going to germany, most I think are going to hawaii, but were scouts, your nephiew is a tanker? I think so any how, there are so many people there :)
    all charlie is going to washington, i hear next cycle is going to alaska, there wer only 11 of us from charleis out of 140 apx people that got stryker, two got airborn. the rest went helter skelter across the globe. were all Scouts not Armor, they got us all mixed up, tankers and scouts all mashed together. ill keep his name fresh in my mind if i run ito him ill say hello, theres allot of strykers, but its still a pretty small comunity chances are we might cross paths :)

this is what is on my letters
    P.F.C. Wheeler, Shane
    A co. 2-81 A.R. 5th Plt.

Yes he's a tanker.
    He is a really great young man. He is an inspiration to my sons as are you.
    edited November -1

There is...and I will...in reverse order.[8D] Hang tough buddy![8D]
    edited November -1
    if you are interested you can go read about what i have been doing.
    edited November -1
    if you are interested you can go read about what i have been doing.
    http://justinsarmyadventures.blogspot.com/

Been there, done that...but I'll check it out none the less!
    edited November -1
    I know its the same poop :)
    but it is a day to day play by play of OSUT at ft knox ;)
    by a old man :) I think its boring myself, but it is what i did for the last 16 weeks :)
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on making it! Basic was rough on me back when I was 18. Not sure I would make it now at age 34.