In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grandson Update

intercessorintercessor Member Posts: 437
edited August 2003 in General Discussion
To all of you who held us up today, thanks. Grandson Brendon is home. His arm is a little sore, and they will keep him home from school tomorrow[6-11], but he's doing OK.I guess he was a little upset when he woke up and found an IV in his arm. He just wanted it out and to go home. He spent the afternoon a little groggy, but has recovered well and is now [9:15 PM, central time] asleep in his own bed. Dr says treatments every 1 to 3 months for 1 to 3 years. Thanks for your prayers, it was very comforting knowing I had some "backup" through the day. Brendon is a twin; his brothers nsme is Levi. They have an older sister and a younger brother. Thanks again, God Bless!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    For those of you who remember and have been praying for my grandson Brendon: Had a check last week with x-rays, and new bone is growing! The last time they drained the cyst, it only had about 1/2 the amount of fluid in it as the first time. Also, the arm appears to be growing normally. They are going to wait a few months and check again,and will probably have to drain and inject the cyst again, but things are looking promising. PRAISE GOD!!!! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes! Doc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some of you may remember a couple of months back I asked for prayers for my grandson. He has a cyst in his upper arm that makes the bone eggshell thin, and he broke it. {thats how they found it} Had a procedure where they sedated him, drained the cyst and injected a steriod of some sort in it in an attempt to get to resolve. He had x-rays last week, and there appears to be some new bone growth, Praise God!! He is going back in tomorrow, August 1, to have the procedure repeated. For those of you who remember, I would appreciate it if you could hold the little guy up again. His name is Brenden, and he will be six at the end of the month. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone who prayed for my grandson Brendon. He tolerated the procedure well, and after a sore arme for a couple of days, he is back to normal for now and school has started. Now we wait and see if the treatment will continue to be effective. Sorry to be so late with the update and the thank you. Been to Camp Perry, and just got home Sunday nite.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You've got it. I will say a special prayer for him tonight.

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    You bet. I pray that he gets even better healing this time and a longer respite, if not a cure.
    That kind of stuff is hard on those who love him too.

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    Flash traffic outbound - my prayers for the little guys quick and complete recovery.

JuJu (who hates to see kids in pain)
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    The little guy got my best wishes.!

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Happy to do it! Tell him Happy Birthday!!!

flag.gif
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    We're behind you all the way Brenden
    and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    Tell him Happy 6th Birthday and glad he is doing better. Good thing about kids is they come through things better than we adults do.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I'm on it!!!!

NSDQ!

"Nobody dislikes war more than warriors, but we value the causes of peace so highly that we will not duck a war in an effort to get a lasting peace." -General Daniel "Chappie" James
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Luck to ya Brenden, stay tough for grandpa! [:)]