In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

It just doesn't pay to be my friend

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
For the past few months I've had the best friend I've ever known. He's always happy to see me and greets me at the door. Sits at the window with his hand on the glass and crying almost every time I leave. When we're together we're always in the same room. Even when I shower he sits on the top track to the shower door and watches. At 4:00am I'll get up for a drink. On the way back to bed I'll scoop him up off the ratty old couch that he loves to sit on. He'll crawl under the covers with me and just his little head will stick out right under my chin. Then he'll meow at me until I give him my hand, which he will hold between his paws. If I roll over and face the other way, he'll climb over and get back under the covers with his head right under my chin holding my hand. When morning comes he'll gently tap my cheek with his paw ubtil I wake up. He usually manages to do this just before the alarm goes off. If the alarm manages to go off before he can wake me, he will go over and bat it onto the floor just like I used to do. After he does that he's back under the covers purring at me.

How do I repay him for this.
The vet said no food after 8:00pm. I'll be at work at 8:00 so I take it away when I leave at 2:00. Then at 8:00am I have to abandon him with strangers who are going to lop off his pride and joy, his family jewels. To add insult to injury, when I bring him home he is going to find his favorite perch, the old couch, has been hauled to the dump.

Sometimes loyalty doesn't pay.

Hopefully he'll be quick to forgive.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

"... there is much truth in the Italian saying, 'Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.'" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    Remind me not to become your best friend

"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
    - Max Lerner
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What wipala said!
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, the best friends aren't in it for the pay... [;)]
    However, they'll be missing something to lick and they might hold that against you! [}:)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Don't let it get you down! I had the claws removed from our three cats last week and they are doing fine! A year ago we had them "fixed" and there wasn't any problems with them.
    I felt bad about having these things done to them but it was for their own good, If i hadn't they couldn't stay here.

After your cat heals up,you will have your friend back as he was.

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Damn!If you cut the family jewels off your friends,guess i wouldn't want to be your enemy.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Woodsie....

He will be fine, and you will be thanked later on.....He will stay at home, and be the most loving "friend"....Sir Whatever his name will be just wandered in after being gone 3 days...and is more wild now that when he left...Want that for a best friend?....
    Hunter will be fine, a bit sore for a day but thats all....Dont change any habits...when you go back to bed scoop him up etc...keep the routine....
    What will hurt him more is his perch being gone....*LOL...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    woodsrunner-
    Hopefully it works out better for you than it did my wife when she took my cat Cali to be de-clawed ... that cat used to love her, didn't sleep with us but would sit and watch her sleep for hours ... Then Ms. Kimber dropped her off at the vet, I picked her up the next night ... That was the start of the loss of trust ... then Ms. dropped her off to get the stitches out and I picked her up that night ... for the next 5-6 years Cali would have little or nothing to do with my Ms. and she never got back to her loving "old self" ... best!
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Bambihunter: Bingo, you nailed it.

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt trust you either if you ripped my toenails out.....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    With friends like you - who needs enemies?

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    Lock and load
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't want to be your friend either woods! [;)][:D]

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay guys..lets get this straight....you would rather see kittens killed, more kittens starve to death, Hunter roaming all over the flupping country just to get his rocks off and have kids?...Kids that he doesnt even help to take care of...but lets see now, he gets feline leuk, runs around half starved,(whether he eats or not)...get the crap beat outta him by another male or vice versa...possibly hit by cars, attacked by dogs and any other animal going...possibly picked up by the animal patrol....better hope its the right one, other wise bye bye....all for what?....What a wonderful life huh?...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    There is a theory, I'm told, called "natural selection", which allows the strongest of a species to survive and thrive. It's worked pretty good for many millions of years.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
    Lock and load
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well the deed is being done as I sit here. He comes home about 3:30.

He lucked out for one more day. The guy that was supposed to help me load the old couch on the truck got called for an job interview. He gets one extra day of sitting on it. That old POS was left here by the previous owner of the house. Thier cats had tore it all up. It's so low to the ground I can't get up off it with my bad knees. The really bad thing is it's a hide-a-bed and weighs about 500lbs. He gets a real throne to replace it though. A year ago I pulled a antique wing chair out of a junk heap so I could teach myself to do upholstery. A couple months ago I picked up an old heavy burgundy colored velvet theatre curtain in a rummage sale. The curtain looked like a nice chair covering. Warning if anybody gets ideas about this. Some materials can be too heavy to work with, even when doing upholstery. So Hunter gets a kings throne when the couch is gone.

To be honest, I did consider declawing him. I'm a fanatic about researching things though. What I learned I would have a hard time doing to an enemy. I was actually even considering letting him keep his jewels seeing he still hasn't sprayed at 10 months old. The only reason I did it was because Bev is moving in next month with her neutered male cat. And my sister may need me to care for hers until my brother in law gets a permanant job location. My fear is Hunter would have become very territorial and took to fighting the other cat/s. Hopefully being neutered will keep him mellow.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

"... there is much truth in the Italian saying, 'Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.'" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Ding-a-lingDing-a-ling Member Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John : If I get to make it back to yur territory (Yankee Land ) this summer,I PROMISE I won't try to mess with Bev if you promise you won't try to do that to me. DEAL [?][?][?]

Ding-a-ling
    Some people get up and say"Good Morning Lord"

Others get up and say "Good Lord,it's morning.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ding-a-ling
    John : If I get to make it back to yur territory (Yankee Land ) this summer,I PROMISE I won't try to mess with Bev if you promise you won't try to do that to me. DEAL [?][?][?]

Ding-a-ling

LOLOL

Ricky, no problem, besides I don't think you'd fit on the vets operating table. LOL.

Just make me the same promise should I ever drift back into the Tulsa area. I'm trying to talk Bev into that move. She still has a hang up about tornadoes though. She can't believe that as a kid I would lay in the back yard with a camera during tornado watches and warnings. The woman grew up in NYC and is scared of the weather. I still can't figure that out. The weather is nothing compared to dealing with people.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif

• Options
    Ding-a-lingDing-a-ling Member Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John: Looks like it's a done deal !!!!![:D]

Ding-a-ling