In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pumpkin talk...

spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
edited November 2003 in General Discussion
Hey! You ready for Halloween?pumpkins2.jpg

I think I'll pass this year.

spiny
'not all who wander are lost'

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Going to dinner and a movie.

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    The kids are all ready to go, they are going out trickin!!! Iffin they get in trouble they've been told no hunting in the morning!!![:0]

pacamopasrear.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An Pa is going out trickin' ?[:p]

• Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Now Pa, ya didn't say they couldn't do anything wrong...
    just don't get caught eh? [;)]

Thinkin' back, should have been a few huntin' trips I shouldn't have been allowed to go on. [}:)]

But then our pranks were less serious way back when, at least with my bunch. [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ODT, you reminded me of a little prank long ago and far away. Farmer down in the Missouri River bottoms had about 100 acres of watermelon planted. We watched and kept all but one bloom off a particular vine near the edge of the field by the woods. We watched that melon all summer swelling and growing, we figured it would get to be the size of a blimp. finally we couldn't stand it any more, and we got afraid he was going to pick it, so we slipped down there late one night and two of us slipped through the woods to get that melon. We got out in the field about 20 feet, and down the road his porch light came on. Door opend and out came the hound like a lightening bolt! Old hound kept us treed for two hours before he called it in. We got that melon though, and cooled it in a spring the rest of the night. That melon was as green as a cucumber! Last thing I ever stole.

• Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Great one HD, and that's the kinda stuff I was referring to. Mischief that's not truly harmful.

(as long as you get away from the dog) [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pa is sittin home blaming Bailey for the stink in the computer room![:D]

spiny
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An' Bailey is out on the porch! (for obvious reasons)

• Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Sigh...........I been processing Pumpkins all day.Got the dehydrators drying some,2 pots on the stove going,allready put a bunch in the freezer,lots more to go.We use it of course in pies etc,but also just as a vegtable,like butternut squash......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Springers are known for their 'smarts'![:D]

spiny
  • Options
    edited November -1
    longhunter: You can make a killer soup with pumpkin and ham.[:p]

spiny
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sad to say it but this is the time of year I carry .45 around the house. Last 2 years some of the neighborhoods have had the younger gang bangers praying on the elderly. As soon as they open the door
    they will force there way in and rob them at gun point.

Its sad that the gangs will go to this extent but it does happen.
    and what do you tell the LEO's when it happened, "He was wearing a bugs bunny suit" or dressed like "Frankinstine" [V]

Wife gives out the candy and I just hang in the other room. She hates that.

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spiny
    longhunter: You can make a killer soup with pumpkin and ham.[:p]

spiny

Ya?????Sounds good! Recipe?????Please???I always got ham and got PLENTy of pumpkin!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FrancF: You ain't elderly![}:)]

spiny
  • Options
    edited November -1
    longhunter: I will locate and post tomorrow. Right now, dealing with the door every other minute![:D]

spiny
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spiny
    longhunter: I will locate and post tomorrow. Right now, dealing with the door every other minute![:D]

spiny

[:D]I live so far out that it just don't happen here....Wifes out with her daughter and grandkids and my son....I'm enjoying the quiet![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I Know, Spiny I just hate to think that in some neighborhoods it's come down to this. I live in a relatively low crime area. However the gangbangers have figured out how exploit the situation and it seems to get worse every year.

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FrancF: Keep your powder dry, dude![;)]

spiny
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won a case of Gummy Bears (that's right, I said CASE) from a talk radio show last week. They said they'd be here in time for Halloween. They ain't here and now I have to buy candy!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    idsman75
    [:0][:0][:0] You brat!!![:D] Love gummy worms[:p][:p][:p][:p]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ids: Well, now you get to keep them for yourself! Or, work a trade with FrancF!!!!!![:D][:D][:p]

spiny
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a radio talk so called "Animal Talk" every Sunday night on a radio station out of Omaha, NE. I listen once in awhile because I used to have a simple marine aquarium with a spotted grouper. I like fish and snakes and lizards and other animals that don't jump up on you. Don't get me wrong. I like puppies and kittens and things like that. They're fun and lovable but caged critters are interesting because you have to look closely and actually watch them if you want to discover their own individual personality.

Once a year I call in to answer their trivia question. I must be the only listener because I'm always the first caller with an answer. I usually win some chew toys for my parents' dachundt. This year I won a case of gummies AND a chew toy for my parents' dog. I don't do the "candy thing". Actually, I rarely ever eat sugary foods (except the occasional Twin Bing when I'm feelin' froggy). I wanted to go somewhere and pass them out tonight since I live in a rather remote apartment. Any trick-or-treaters would have to climb a good hill and then get buzzed into my building if they wanted candy. Too much work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spiney!!! My recipe?????????I been processin pumpkins again today,got thinkin bout it......L.H.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    longhunter: I posted a thread to ya with the recipe. Albiet, a day or three late.[:D]
    It was too pretty a weekend to stay home, sorry!

spiny