In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

17HMR - Day Two FrancF

spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
edited July 2003 in General Discussion
Here's the Savage for you!!!!!!!!!!!
They have a wide selection, so you can order it pretty much the way you want!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D]
Have a great day shopping! Surely you can fit in a brief trip during lunch or traveling from point A to point B![}:)][:p][;)]
http://www.savagearms.com/rimfire/17hmr/17hmr_home.htm

spiny
'not all who wander are lost'

Comments

• kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also am looking forward to someday being able to afford one of those. Cool...
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Spiny [:D][:D][:D]

After 3 hours of touchy feely I decided to buy the Savage 93r17-bvss with the laminated stock. The Ruger though was IMOP was the nicest looking. Dang I even got a headace trying to decide. The Marlin, CZ,
    Remington, Winchester, Were good to.

So got the paperwork going, Gave my quart of blood, with my DNA test, finger prints, and a note from my mom [;)][:o)]
    and I should have it in ten days [;)] I still have no clue what it's going to cost Guessing about 275-325 they had to order it.

GHD- I ordered the two #45 weaver bases as you suggested. Nothing like a shinny new rat gun! [:D]

Can't Wait !!!!!!!! YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

"My Wife is a Hair Stylist"
  • spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa for you FrancF. Only two days![:D]
    Bet you tested every 17HMR in the stores too![^]
    Got to say that I am proud of your tenaciousness in this endeavor to find and own the PERFECT new gun![;)][:D][;)][:D]
    Of course, it means that I might have to stop the daily postings on HMRs![V]
    GHD will approve too, I am sure.[8D]
    [:D][8D][:D][8D]
    Happy Monday!

spiny
    edited November -1
    Almost forgot - be sure to tip back something cold and refreshing to celebrate a job well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!![;)][;)][;)][;)]

spiny
    edited November -1
    Wish I could have actually shot them, Lot of the shops here don't even let ya snap the trigger, But With all of the good people here on the board, I got a good idea of what to go with. Seemed the only one's moving fast at the shop were the Remingtons, Savages, and the Marlins.

I had to get outta their though, The shop I go to put lots of stuff on consignment along with estate sales (just for guns).

One Wall of New shotguns is about 45'long. Not super big, But enough to keep ya busy for a while [:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

• gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    10 days holy cow , all I have to do is go in fill out the paper work, put down the cash m wait for them to call it in and if the computers are up and working right I'm out the door in about 15 minutes , but its 48 hours for a hand gun
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    FrancF,, Don't that little cartridge remind you of a 25-06 that hasn't grown up yet?!!![:D] Good choice on the rifle! You will not be disappointed! I still haven't got to shoot the Striker! Been in the hay fields and cornfields since I got home Thursday nite!!! Maybe tomorrow! Need to test the Savage 93/17 with the V-16 on it! I'll bet it will be right in there with the VS! GHD
    edited November -1
    Well Crap! The Gun shop called And the Stainless models are on back order for a long time so I ended up getting the 93R17-FV : Blued bolt action, free floating, button-rifled heavy varmint barrel, with detachable magazine.

But what was cool was they threw in a 100 rounds free beacuse they could not get the other one. That works!

So now, the scope that I am getting for it is a BSA sweet 17, 3-9 40 or 50mm. The scope is traj. calibrated for the 17 HMR. for about $75.00.

10 days and counting! [:D][:D][:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    FrancF, The Sweet 17 is a 2x7! It's a great idea but they should have made it in 4-16! Wal Marts here are selling them here for 63.00 bucks. I checked them out and it was clear and the increments are right as far as my testing has gone but the 17HMR deserves a higher power scope!!! BSA had a great idea but didn't make it powerful enough!! GHD
    edited November -1
    Well Just proves I wasn't lookin! your right GHD. I had to get some glass on it, if it dont work out. I will put it on the pellet gun. [:)]

Boy I will tell ya what though, ole'l mom has been out of the shooting ring for a number of years, at least 30. When I told her and dad (as he is going through the safe) I just got an 17 HMR- MOM smiled [:D]
    "I have the Stump Rats back" and dad can't shoot anymore, (he is 78 and got the shakes and my Mom won't do it she is 79-)

So It's Varmint hunting at the folks house! Gawd never I thought I would see the day! (that is when I was growing up, hunt anywhere but the yard)[:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

edited November -1
    Sounds like a fun day ahead for you FrancF![:D][8D]
    Nice to have something other than paper to practice on![:D]

spiny
    edited November -1
    Ya might want to throw em a little bait, just so they stay around and get a mite friendly while you're waiting on the gun.[;)]

spiny