In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FEMALES STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!

vonbucketvonbucket Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited June 2003 in General Discussion
I'm just curious about the ratio of male to female on the GB discussion board. Being a gal myself, I was just curious how many other gals were active on the board. If you are a female, stand up and be counted - lets hear from you.........sign up below

Comments

• Options
    FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, not a female. But welcome to the family[8D]
    Frog
  • Options
    ToolbabeToolbabe Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are sooo many menzzzz on here that it only goes to show that a few good women are required to cut the crap and shoot it straight.

I am of the group that love men, live with one and know that I am a straight shooter.

we keep the menzzz honest and happy ,just ask tools...

It's not quantity....it's quality.....make the first shot count!

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • Options
    kgnovumkgnovum Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When the women here stand up to be counted - can I watch? (LOL)

The women that I've met who like guns are the BEST women in the universe! I hope there are a lot of responses! BTW I finally found one that loves to shoot and we are having a blast together so far...
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Ken..Glad to hear it.....

As for liking guns..yes I do....married to Classic095...also a member here...Not to many of us females on board..but we are a loud voice!!...*LOL...

Welcome Vonbucket...where you from?..Florida here...

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I can vouch for the "LOUD VOICE" ya aughta hear her when she gets riled.[}:)][:o)][:o)]

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    BIG DOG
    wheelie.gif
  • Options
    armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    obviously I am....and welcome to the zoo!!!!!!!!

fc3b174f.jpg

LT. RRG
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can count me, I am a lady! I'm married to Timberbeast who also posts here.
  • Options
    susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here, loud and proud!

***KATN!***
  • Options
    vonbucketvonbucket Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GREAT! Thanks gals...... I now live in extreme South Alabama,near the Georgia, Alabama, Florida state lines. But, I am originally from Texas. I haven't been on the board long, but have been selling on GB for a couple of years.......Like any respectable Texan, I was born with a gun in my hand!

As a kid I recall my idea of fun was snake hunting at night, around a lake on our ranch, with a light mount, or just roaming the woods at our Texas ranch with my 22. At night water snakes, including moccasins would come out of the water, and lay on the bank, and we would have a marvelous time hunting and shooting them.

I wasn't reared on the ranch, we only went there on weekends, we lived in Houston, and had care takers to care for the ranch, cattle, and such. I still have the ranch, although it is now leased out, as I live too far to make true use of it, but haven't been able to emotionally sell it as yet.

Now, looking back it from the view of today's world, it seems almost negligent of my parents to allow a 9 year old to run around all day with a loaded gun, unsupervised, but back then it seemed totally natural. Occasionally, a female cousin of mine would go "roaming" with me, with another rifle. We were totally aware of the impact of a gun, the distance the bullets would travel, and other gun safety information, as we ran cattle on the ranch and couldn't just indiscriminately shoot without considering the possible consequences of a bullet traveling into the herd, or even to the ranch house. Never had an accident, but had lots of fun, and years of memories.

How much the world has changed. Can't you just imagine what government authorities would say today about allowing a child to roam around alone with a loaded gun!!!!!!!!!!!!

2gunsfiring_v1.gif
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    VB..With my advise and a buck,you can just about buy a cup of coffee....
    Run,don't walk,back to that ranch with your internet sales and live like a queen on your own land...Raise your own daughters to carry a rifle at nine..sup deeply the nectre of freedom to do so,out where none will intrude...

Welcome to the board, now put your kevlar helmet and jacket on..prepare for incomimg....

Oh,by the way...male,here..

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    FreudianSlippersFreudianSlippers Member Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by vonbucket
    I'm just curious about the ratio of male to female on the GB discussion board. Being a gal myself, I was just curious how many other gals were active on the board. If you are a female, stand up and be counted - lets hear from you.........sign up below

You can tell from my signature.

Jacqueline

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves." -- William Pitt (1783)
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Welcome vonbucket. I was away for the weekend.
    Yep, female here. When I have time, I really enjoy posting here. Originally from Louisiana. Begged to learn to shoot when my Dad was teaching my older brother. As a result, I got to prop that little 22 on a big tree stump and try my luck when I was 3. I've enjoyed shooting ever since.[8D]
    Like fishing a lot too. Well, just for panfish. Good food![:D][:D]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'