In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just got thinking about gas prices

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
What will happen when they shut down the offshore oilrigs in the Gulf of Mexico when hurricane season hits? Perhaps another rise in gas prices?

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Comments

• Options
    texashntrtexashntr Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    whats going on in saudi arabia will probably send them thru the roof.[:(!]
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Much of the hydrocarbon produced in the Gulf is in the form of natural gas. The hurricane season shouldn't affect gasoline prices much, if any. But like texashntr said, keep your eye on what's happening in Saudi Arabia.

Rafter-S
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texashntr
    whats going on in saudi arabia will probably send them thru the roof.[:(!]

Good point- You would think the Saudi's would figure out they are not immune to their own brand of terrorist.

eyeflash.gif

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I'm sure the oil companies are cryuing all the way to the bank...
  • Options
    texashntrtexashntr Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    got to buy them new camels, and new jets somehow
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Much of the hydrocarbon produced in the Gulf is in the form of natural gas.

Didn't know that-[:I] Thanks Rafter

eyeflash.gif

• Options
    pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    I think when ever anything happens to any oil anywhere-the gas companies know that the people hear about it and raise their prices because they think people will rationalize the raise in price because of what is going on.
    With Iraq, I don't think the oil companies prices went up all that much-but people thought the gas prices were going to go up and the gas companies jumped at the chance to make some more money.

Can't say that I am right, just my thoughts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pipskicks
    I think when ever anything happens to any oil anywhere-the gas companies know that the people hear about it and raise their prices because they think people will rationalize the raise in price because of what is going on.
    With Iraq, I don't think the oil companies prices went up all that much-but people thought the gas prices were going to go up and the gas companies jumped at the chance to make some more money.

Can't say that I am right, just my thoughts.

Well, your here on the west coast like myself, All it takes is a refinery shut down, refinery fire, Pipeline to break. [:D] You know the rest.[;)]

eyeflash.gif

• Options
    muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well the routine seems to be.......jack the prices(in my area) up to about 2.08/2.10 then drop em to 1.80 and...volia,all the sudden your getting a deal!Kinda funny that they have spent the last 10,15 years building GAS GUZZELERS and then raise the prices after the market is saturated.

Muggster