In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I take it back there are some good LEO's out there

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
I was driving to work this morning on the highway, going about 70-75 in a 55mph area (normal Chicago area rush hour), keeping up with the flow of traffic, I got passed by not one but two Illinois State Troopers! Wow, there is a god!

See Dano, I do respect you guys. [:o)][:o)]

Regards,
Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Lets See! you were exceeding the speed limit, I take it from your post that the two officers did not have a siren or blue lights flashing, and they passed you???????? who is breaking the law????

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

new-year.gif
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    Around Charlotte, if you are in Rush Hour traffic and it is going 70 in a 55, you'd best keep up!
    One poor soul got ticketed for 'impeding the flow of traffic' for going the speed limit under those conditions.
  • Options
    BushobiBushobi Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some calls require you to get their in a hurry and not be advertising, but I guess you'd have to ask them what the hurry was, but being passed going 75? Only in Chicago, and every other interstate.
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe they were late for the club meeting at Dunkin' Donuts? [:p] Sorry LEO's...I couldn't resist!

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot, either!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You got to watch em though.
    2 cops allegedly switched price tags

Published December 31, 2002

Two Chicago police officers were assigned to desk duty for allegedly switching price tags on merchandise in a Michigan Avenue department store on Christmas Eve, police said Monday.

Police spokesman Robert Cargie said officials at Saks Fifth Avenue, 700 N. Michigan Ave., called police after identifying the two as police officers.

"They were stripped of their police powers" and assigned to administrative duty pending an internal police investigation, Cargie said. Saks Fifth Avenue officials declined to press criminal charges, but the officers could face disciplinary action, he said.

Copyright c 2002, Chicago Tribune

Regards,
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart throws a sword at you!
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Were not all bad guys,its easy for one apple to spoil the whole Bushell.You just dont hear the good that Officers do Just the bad.It reminds me of the way we gun owners are portrayed one guy does a criminal act and you will here about it.But the good that is done is sometimes un noticed.Im thankfull most people in my area respect us.I had a guy tell me about a Month or so ago that he ran out of gas on the Interstate and was walking to the off ramp to try and get some gas.While two VA.Troopers passed him by at a high rate of speed.I got the Date estimated time and checked to see who was working.Well I knew he was telling the truth,but come to find out a person was struck on the interstate and killed.The vehicle who struck him kept going.The Officers were in route to the scene,and hoped to catch who done it.The person has not been caught but its been narrowed down to a white pickup from debry found at the scene.At first it was thought to have been an 18 wheeler but that has now been ruled out to the pickup.I called Wayne and told him the reason he did not recieve assistance.I imagine they wasnt running with lights and sirens because of the low volume of traffic.

Happy New Year!!

Rugster
    Edited for spelling

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to stay within the limit and when I do, everyone passes me. When I stop them, they get bent out of shape. I usually just give a verbal warning unless they press the issue. I like poeple and I realize we're all prone to error. Just because I wear a badge doesn't make me any different that the guy behind the wheel of a big truck.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Harley,

I didn't realize you were an Leo. I though you were a truck driver?
    Hey stay safe tonight if you are! That goes for the rest of you LEO's.

Regards,
  • Options
    greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Look, we are all human and subject to the same frailties.

Just because some of us wear different hats from others doesn't mean we are any less of a human. What we have to remember is how we interact with one another. I was a LEO for 8 years, before that worked in bars/restaurants and now I'm in real estate. Notwithstanding, I sometimes look at present LEO's and am amazed at how they drive, on or off duty, how they dress and other times very impressed with some of their actions.

What some (me included) fail to realize is that we are getting older and perspectives and perceptions change. Once awe, then envy, maybe disgust, to, what the hell. Keep all that in mind before judging. But, never loose your respect and all things will fall in line.[^]