In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shot the 1927 today.Early birthday present

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Must be something about the way I look or something. I mean a couple of weeks ago an old friend sees me looking at an AR10 and buys it for me.Today I was holding an Auto Ordnance A1 Deluxe in the gun shop{I was there to put down some more change on the Browning Light Twenty}I was thinking about how it was exactly what I wanted for my birthday. I even said to the owner{ a very old friend}this is exactly what I want for my birthday.So I go to the back and make my little payment toward the shotgun.When I come out front again he's packing the 45 carbine and two boxes of ammo into a violin case,hands me the paperwork and says to sign it.I said I couldn't afford it.He said it was an early birthday present from my friends.Guess they all pitched in while I was in the back. Anyway, I wasn't home two minutes before I had thirty rounds in the mag and headed down to the orchard.It has a really nice graduated peepsite and once I got it set right it was no problem to put the remaining twenty five rounds into a coffee can at 75 yds.The next thirty were from around 150yds,one click up on the site and hold it just below the can, bap,bap,bap,bap,bap,What a neat gun.It weighs just under twelve pounds so the recoil with 230grain harball was like a 22 rifle.I'm gonna have to set up the reloader for 45's.I wonder if I go to make another payment on the old shotgun if I'll come out with that 125th anniversary highwall 45/70? I think I'm just kidding,but weird things are afoot in the pines lately.Wierd,but good. I'm a very happy Big Daddy.Post pics when I get the wife's camera.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments