In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BOY - Did I Pull a * Today!!

KdubKdub Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Went to the range this morning to verify the final sighting-in of the rifles that will make the muley deer hunting trip in a few days. While there, one of the fellow rangemasters offered to sell me a T/C Contender with a 10" .22 LR octagon barrel, custom walnut hand grips (looked like Herrett's), factory grips and a nice hard case - all for $250.

Like an idiot, I told him I've got more T/C Contenders and barrels than I need. Driving home, I mulled over the deal (always hate to pass up on a gun buy) and thought - HE double LL - I could take that and if not wanting to keep, always turn it at a gun show for several bucks to the good.

Naturally, when calling to the range to make an offer, he had already sold it.

The thumping sound is my head pounding on the desk!

Keep off the Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can sympathize Kdub, samething happened to me! Just found out today. That is life eh?

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I can pass on a happy story. I ran across a T/C with a super 14 barrel in .223 with rings,scope. I paid $150 for it but the scope was junk.

"bbroygbvgw"
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda.... Don't you just wish you could turn that hind sight around to foresight...

I don't know how many time's I've kicked myself in the butt for passing up a deal. But I don't know how many times I was broke till the next paycheck cause I didn't.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That works for donuts too, eh Dano?[}:)]

My heros have always killed cowboys.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:BOY - Did I Pull a * Today!!
    I was apprehensive about opening this thread after reading the Title.[:D][:D][8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...when Cabela's here first opened they had an original 1895 Winchester .405 that had belonged to a Safari outfit in Calcutta India..rifle was a little rough but not really that bad. They wanted $1800 for it. The guy at the gun library had the provenance on the outfitters and said that the rifle had killed more than its share of tigers....like an idiot I went home to sleep on it. Woke up next day..knew that I had to have that rifle. Yeah, just like yours....gone forever. Beach

P.S. We always seem to learn too late. Beach
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 1980 or so I bought a Mini 14 (1976 date) for $150. Couple years later, needed to finance a ski trip and sold it for $150....DOH!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    *... huh huh huh Kdub said *...

Regards,
    190191.gif
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shut up Beavis.....Still have a best of B&B tape that I just can't bring myself to sit through. Luv'em tho..

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a dyed-in-the-wool S&W man. Once I saw a Colt Detective Special with most of the finish worn off for $100 in the pawnshop. Didn't buy it because it was a Colt. Thought it over, went back the next day, of course, it was gone.

"Happiness is a warm gun." The Beatles
    lifepatch.gif

Remember Ruby Ridge.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly