In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Resolutions?...Made 'Em Yet?

RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
No grandiose "dreams" or "wishes" for me this year! Not going to try to "Fool" myself......only "Total Honesty" this Year!

I'm Just Going to Buy Myself Some New Pants....In A Larger Size!

What are you going to "threaten" to do?

Fish Shudder at the sound of my Name!

Comments

• Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I resolve not to get poofed, for at least the first three months of the year!!! Id like to change the color of my shorts but I don't have the software to do that on a gif. So I guess they will stay red to match my face!!!![:D][:D]

kilroy.gif
    PaBooger was here!
    pa.gif
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    I remember this post last year. Everyone wanted to lose weight and was real gung ho about it..till about two months later when all the updates stop coming in.

My goal for the new year is to buy a house, get married and get started on starting a family...hopefully everything will work out. I have faith that this will be a good year.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, this year I am going to save up some money, get into shape again, buy a ring, ask her to marry me again (she said ask again when I am "serious", like I would say it as a joke), and look before I leap. I hope.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.

If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
  • Options
    terrible4sterrible4s Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going for the " Get in shape " thing.
    I bought a treadmill over a year ago. I run a couple miles a day for a couple days then I stop, a month goes by and I do it again.

Always seems to be time but it really is discipline, so my resolution is going to be to run every day. Once I do it for a month it should become habit. I hope!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ONLY resolution I ever kept was "I will make No more resolutions"

gun.gif

NRA Life Endowment Member
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey Pike: Some of us kept on keepin' on with the weight-loss resolution, we just quit braggin' about it.

Lowrider the 198
    formerly
    Lowrider the 255[:D]

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah, for the New Year I resolve to not drink anymore
    Or any less
    I'm still gonna drink just about the same.[:p]

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Lord Lowrider, Congrats on keeping on with the resolution. thats a pretty big change...Good job. I didn't mean to insult anyone by that post, if I did, sorry.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,431 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At my age, I just want to be breathing on 01-01-04!

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got to loose weight and buy more guns

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with cb on this one. The only resolution I make is to "wake up" Jan 1. If some year I do not fulfill this resolution, I don't think I will care. LOL

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont do new years resolutions OR windows. My wife might disagree
    but i like me just the way i is.[:D]
    barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make them? Shoot I have already broke them.lol

Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, Pa:
    You managed to break you first resolution
    on New Years Day!
    Now that's willpower!

I got your junior...
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finish remodeling 3 bathrooms and build a reloading room....if there is any thing left, I may buy some reloading components... [;)][:)]
  • Options
    TLynnTLynn Member Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't really do New Year resolutions. At one time I would of said exercise and diet to lose weight - but if I can lose weight over the holidays (I have) then that's not the problem. I'll just keep going.

But I did make one New Years Resolution - to donate more to the VA Medical Center. The guys in the programs there could use a little something more often than just at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Yesterday I donated 4 walkmans for their Drug and Alcohol program - while a good portion of these guys and gals (yes gals) end up having to go through the program more than once many do succeed eventually.

Everybody wants to donate stuff to the older veterans over in the State Veterans Home or the Extended Care Unit of the hospital but they consider that the younger (read under 70) veterans who are having coping problems don't deserve help - which considering that a good portion of those old vets who are in the nursing home or ECU had the alcohol and drug problems as well when they were younger - makes me wonder how smart people (read that as public) really are.

So that's my resolution - to donate even more of what is needed only now instead of just for the general program I'm going to give money and items strictly for the Drug and Alcohol (and Psych ward) programs. These people get the least and many of them have given just about all they had to give for their country!

Okay I'm off my soap box now.

ps - in case some of you don't think I understand how the system works at a VA Medical Center let me explain that I work there and have for 2 years - and have had many a good friend saved both physically and mentally (though a couple of my friends are still way out there at times). I do know what I speak of since I work with donations of both money and items daily.
  • Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    I have resolved not to respond to any threads about resolutions........OOPS!

Seriously, though, I have made all of the major lifestyle-improvement resolutions in the past. Lasted about as long as it took to think of them. This year, I am going to make a serious effort to cut profanity from my language. There are enough words in the English language to express ones self admireably without resort to vulgar words & phrases. This is going to be a major effort for me, as I can be quite colorful in my speech. Wish me well!!

If it ain't broke-it ain't ours!!!
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    1. Save enough money to buy a house.
    2. Buy a ring.
    3. Propose after first talking with her father.
    4. Spend as much money as I can on guns even if it means neglecting the first one!