In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gene pool cleansing

IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
Four "peace workers" were kidnapped in Iraq . . . this has been on the news for about two days.

I'd feel a lot worse for them if they were contract workers, journalists, etc.

But these dumazzes go to a war zone to protest the presence of military forces and are snatched by the very terrorists who they purport to defend. Talk about "the mother of all ironies!"

And the frosting on the cake is the complaint put out by their sponsoring organization blaming the US for the kidnapping because, get this, "of the US invasion of Iraq."

Yeah, sure, and Dick Cheney put a gun to their heads and ordered them to go to Iraq to protest, too!

Well, as sad as it is, perhaps this will mean the sheetheads will be too busy dealing with these morons to mess with real people. Both the "victims" and the kidnappers are freakin' idiots!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)

Comments

• Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Pretty susinct!

Yep - sad, all the way around!

They remind me of that guy up in Alaska
    who was 'befriending' the brownies ...
    until one ate him - and his lady!

... the Media likes it, though, sells news!
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    Now would be a good time to leave Iraq and leave them there. What idiots!

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read that same article in the paper and got a chuckle out of it! Same exact thoughts ran thru my mind. I may be getting more synical in my old age but I really don't feel too sorry for them. Part of their cost of doing business . . . . . . . .
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From Chapter I, Venues in Protesting for Dummies - 2005 edition (of course, this pre-supposes literacy and common sense . . . the latter, particularly, dramatically absent among the leftist pinheads):

Demonstrations in war zones can be hazardous to your health. The best location is in the warm bosom of Berkley, where no matter how foolish you are, you will be protected from your own stupidity.

----
    Trip to Iraq: $2000 (estimated)
    Being taken prisoner by sheetheads: $2 (for new underwear)
    Expression on face upon realizing islamo-fascists are not Mr. Rogers, Goat Herder Edition, and do NOT want to be your friend: priceless!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't want to see these "misguided" individuals murdered by the valiant warriors of Islam but then again I would not risk one Marine or Soldier to get them back either. As the old saying goes, they made their bed, now let them lay in it.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Saw their picture today. They are no Jane Fondas.[:0] Looks like they lost their protest signs.

Now going there to protest? That was just dumb.

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"For the strength of the pack is in the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is in the pack." The Jungle Book, Kipling
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Total agreement w/you Iconoclast...[^]

...HE-HE ZIP! I remember seeing the show about the tree hugger that just "loved" the bears...the bears loved him too...so much that they they ate him and his girlfriend, with some of the meal captured on a vid cam!!
    ...dumb butt...[:)]

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pinhead

they made their bed, now let them lay in it.

Well, they should at least be able to find enough "sheets" for the bed.

"Tax evasion is illegal; tax avoidance is an art form"
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dlrjj
    quote:Originally posted by Pinhead

they made their bed, now let them lay in it.

Well, they should at least be able to find enough "sheets" for the bed.

Those aren't sheets on their heads, those are huggies.

gclooters.gif
  • Options
    dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]

Those aren't sheets on their heads, those are huggies.

gclooters.gif
    [/quote]

Would that be the ones with the elastic waist and leg bands - to keep the "sheet" from dripping out?

Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Elastic is probably a sin there so I'll say no.

gclooters.gif