In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MIDWAY JUST RIPPED ME OFF!!!

44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just received a package from Midway in Columbia Mo. They have a "FAIR & HONEST DELIVERY CHARGE" statement at the bottom of the invoice. I was charged 9.18 for the shipping through ups. I used Midway`s weight, zip code and box size to calculate the real shipping. Went through ups webb site with this info (again from Midway) to get the actual shipping. Triple checked my figures and know it to be correct. It came out to 5.91. That is 3.27 differance. Now that amount is not going to make any differance if I eat supper tonight or not. But, what happened to their "FAIR & HONEST DELIVERY CHARGE"?
Called Midway and confronted them about it and was told the software must be wrong. No offer to credit or refund. If they treat all their customers line this I hope they fold up. They took me once and it will not happen again. What is your idea about this????

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Did you figure in the cost of packaging and boxing?

aliens.jpg
  • robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    $3.27 overcharge? Holy Cannoli! You better call the Better Business Bureau and report that company to the Feds. This is the fleecing of America my friends![xx(]

</sarcasm>

As Saxon said, if I only got ripped off $3.27 it'd be a heck of a nice day!

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you gone to the gas station yet?

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on what they shipped to you and the price of the item. If it required adult signature, Insurance or hazard charge for ammo,primers. I am not defending Midway because I don't know the whole picture, but I have shipped using my UPS business account and when I get my bill the charge is generaly higher for fuel charges. The UPS site will get you in the general price range but rarely is accurate down to the cents.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Did you order this over the net? If so, the exact price is on your payment list. Make a copy of that list and request credit to your account by mail with a letter. I don't let folks get away with either because of principle. A fault in the software is not your problem but theirs. Write the letter explaining your problem and request to make you happy. Keep a copy for the bbb and SAGO (state attorney generals office) and make mention you will mail them if an agreement cannot be met. For such a small amount,it would be foolish for them to dump you. Should you pay for their mistakes? That's not good business! [:o)]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So if you rip someone off for only $3.27, its OK?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Every time I've ordered from Midway, phone or internet, I was informed of the exact shipping/handling charges at that time.
    Were you quoted somthing different than you were charged, or are you simply compairing the UPS shipping portion to the S/H total. In the first case you have a legatimate complaint, in the secend case your just flapping your soup cooler to hear yourself make noise.

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is DWS when you need him. Not enough info to make a fair comment on this. When I set my UPS program up for shipping it also has a place for handling charges. This way when I process a shipment, it includes s&h for me to bill the customer. Hopes this helps. Don

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    least it didn't ship Fed Ex, woulda probably been $6 more than that.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Wonder who's side the mistake is one. It that is what UPS charged them to ship it, and they just passed the charge on to you, then it was UPS who ripped you off, not Midway. I've had very good luck with Midway and never been ripped off. I would be disappointed if this is not an acciidental mistake.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    I order quite frequently from Midway.They always give a choice of shipping and state what the charge will be.I have never had any problems.If the charge is different than what they quoted you,contact them.Possibly an honest mistake.
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have ordered from Midway and many other Sporting Companys. Midway has the lowest price for shipping than many of the others. As stated before the 3.27 probably bought the box and packaging to ship your order.

RUGER.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Along the same lines...

We use Fed Ex several times a week here,
    every month, and I mean every invoice,
    we are overcharged. The latest was $33.00,
    for three pick-ups we didn't have!

We phone, they give us credit,
    but it is frustrating.

My sec checks every one by our book,
    just think how many folks don't!

Bet I could live pretty good on that amount of overcharges!
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Our office called for a FedEx pick up (real estate docs). At the end of the month there was a separate charge for account setup and monthly fees. Cslled FedEx and was told, since you are a business, you set up the account when you called for pick up. Got that idea killed real quick. We now just drop off the docs instead.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
    Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • 44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE PROBLEM HAS JUST BEEN SOLVED. I JUST RECEIVED A EMAIL INVOICE THAT IS GIVEING ME CREDIT FOR THE OVERCHARGE ON SHIPPING. I DON`T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DIDN`T DO THAT WHEN I WAS TALKING WITH THEM THIS AFTERNOON. MAYBE THE FELLOW IN CUSTOMER SERVICE DID NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO. ANYWAY, MY FAITH HAS BEEN RESTORED IN MIDWAY AND THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.[:D][:D][:D][:)][:)][:)]
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Did you take into account that you were a residential delivery when you keyed the info into the cost calculator? I $6 residential delivery is pretty much unheard of.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Did you tell them to credit you $100.00 for pain and anguish, and suffering and losing your job and stuff? Some folks would do just that! Ha![:D]
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    So if you rip someone off for only $3.27, its OK?

Don't know everything behind the story, but Salzo has a point. Doesn't matter if its $1000 or 3.27, if the money belongs to you, it belongs to you, either way. But you do have to consider packaging, but if they say its the exact delivery charge, you got ripped off.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com