In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any police patch collectors on here?

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in General Discussion
I have a Wood County Sheriff's Office patch up for grabs, but I have no idea where Wood County is located. The first person who responds with the location of Wood County gets the patch!

Chris8161
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
stooges.jpg[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]springer.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wood county is in Central Wisconsin, with Wisconsin Rapids as the county seat. It is adjacent to Portage county.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JimmyJack, do you collect patches? Do you want this patch mailed out to you? if so, shoot me an e-mail with your shipping info.
    Thanks
    Nearearthorbit@bresnan.net

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
    stooges.jpg[IMG][/img][IMG][/img]springer.jpg
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    I believe Hedog collects 'em. I don't know if its spoken for or not but you might ask him.

ibewbug.bmp

Cowboy%20Star%20Sm.jpg
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    There's a Wood County, Tx. located near me.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes indeed , I thought I was the only goof-ball to collect these things ??? anyhow , anybody els out there ??? I also have some patches that need homes , maybe I should 'list' them ??? my collection is mostly from agency's I have worked over the years ...plus a few others ???
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn

My dog is the best person I know...
    If only more people could be as loyal and honest as my dog!!!

I love guns & Shooting!
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I collect LE patches from Indian Police agency's.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA BENEFACTOR-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since this subject has come up, lets just say I have a police patch from a state 2k miles away. Are there any legal problems with sewing it to a leather jacket for normal wear?

Jesus: Don't leave earth without him

byf'er
  • Options
    Shooter MedicShooter Medic Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant see any problems with you wearing the patch sewn onto a jacket, but I would make two suggestions.

#1. Dont sew it on your sleve, it could be taken as a sign of disrespect by a local leo or even possibly as an attempt of impersonating an leo if you were involved in a situation.

#2. What ever you do, make sure you sew it on right side up. Sewing a police agency patch is an old 1% MC statment that the wearer had assaulted or even killed an officer from the agency the patch was from. That could get you in deep you know what by both sides.

Steve T
    Fed & SFC USA Ret.
    Use to be an honest cop, till Uncle Sam bribed me, LOL.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Vonflak
    Since this subject has come up, lets just say I have a police patch from a state 2k miles away. Are there any legal problems with sewing it to a leather jacket for normal wear?

It would depend on your state's laws. Ask your local DA.
  • Options
    VonflakVonflak Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Shooter Medic

#2. What ever you do, make sure you sew it on right side up. Sewing a police agency patch is an old 1% MC statment that the wearer had assaulted or even killed an officer from the agency the patch was from. That could get you in deep you know what by both sides.

Gads that's rough! The patch is from a town that is also my first name. I thought it would be cool on a leather motor cycle jacket, kind of a Mad Max type deal.

Anyhow, thanks. You maybe saved me an * whooping.

Jesus: Don't leave earth without him

byf'er