In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Loading Blanks

macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Just before midnight one of my sons joked lets get the guns out. Well as we live in a fairly urban area that was a big no way. It did get me thinking though. I've just gotten into reloading, and it shouldn't be to hard to make up some blanks for noise makers. What would be the best way to go about it. Would they be ok with just primers in the shells? Maybe like a half charge of powder in them ? How would you keep the powder in ? Seal them with wax ? Would wax mess up the gun, foul up the barrel ? What do you guys think ??
Happy New Year all,
Marc[8D]

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Just before midnight one of my sons joked lets get the guns out. Well as we live in a fairly urban area that was a big no way. It did get me thinking though. I've just gotten into reloading,,

Not a good idea [;)]

new_snipersmilie.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now If you wish to have fun and make noise, Take some time and learn small cannons it's a hoot! I have a small .75 cal that the report can be heard about 4 miles away. Some pyrodex and wad.

new_snipersmilie.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me and my son fired up the muzzle loaders tonite, pyrodex and paper towels for projectiles. Made lotsa noise[:D]

• jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Just a primer in a shell.

From "Experts": "Firing a cartridge with a primer only" question
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114525
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,347 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    When I was in high school(25 years go), my buddy an I would load rounds with black powder and toilet paper wadding. These would be used in a Ruger Blackhawk chambered for 45 Colt. As I remember, they made kind of a mess and had a tendency to want to back the primers out. I don't remember how much powder we used, it wasn't much. I also don't know why we didn't use smokless powder, we probably wanted the smoke[:D].

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!