In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656
    edited November -1
    Se~or: you are de keeng of de seengle agenda posters.

    Suck my huevos rancheros!

    [:X]
  • swampgutswampgut Member Posts: 5,555
    edited November -1
    Awww....somebody from the protected Island disapproves.
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    saw that on yahoo couldnt believe yt.[V]
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656
    edited November -1
    What have we here - Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee?

    You are as two drops of water.

    [:D]
  • CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    All the out of work steel/iron workers, engineers, general laborers that could have built it right here on home soil... instead san francisco elected to have it built in china, imagine that
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will they soon be available at Wal-Mart???
  • get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Se~or: you are de keeng of de seengle agenda posters.

    Suck my huevos rancheros!

    [:X]




    Single agenda? I usually post about illegal immigration as you know. This isn't about illegal immigration numbnuts. Are you off your medication again?

    P.S. If you don't like what I post don't read it. Have a nice day.
  • texdottexdot Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No where in the article did I see why the bridge was built in China vs. U.S.. Actually this topic was on Fox News a day or two ago. And the reason was,$$$.........500 million dollars. It was a half billion dollars cheaper to build it in China because California law says it would have to be built by union labor or at the least union scale wages. And California doesn't have a penny to spare,so in all actuallity the laws passed to protect union workers put any possibilies of the bridge being built here at arms reach.
  • cactuspete1cactuspete1 Member Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has occured to me also that someone is single minded and consumed with one subject.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if it is built to the strict attention to detail and quality that our other China imports are built to, expect Tacoma Narrows MKII [;)]
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Oh, well that is sure good for our economy[xx(]
    Pure greed. Apparently California can save a little dough.
    The selling out of America[V]
    On part because our Unions are pathetic !
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 63,760 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    if it is built to the strict attention to detail and quality that our other China imports are built to, expect Tacoma Narrows MKII [;)]
    hey, that was American made damnit!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ******
    edited November -1
    Not the first one, The one up by Alameda was the same. It had Tons of welding and structural issues. I remember one section was 4' to long and had to be shipped back.
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by get_involved
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Se~or: you are de keeng of de seengle agenda posters.

    Suck my huevos rancheros!

    [:X]




    Single agenda? I usually post about illegal immigration as you know. This isn't about illegal immigration numbnuts. Are you off your medication again?

    P.S. If you don't like what I post don't read it. Have a nice day.


    so the ONE post that isn't about illegals is about. . . .












    wait for it. . . ..























    foreigners stealing American jobs.[}:)]
  • get_involvedget_involved Member Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nemesisenforcer
    quote:Originally posted by get_involved
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Se~or: you are de keeng of de seengle agenda posters.

    Suck my huevos rancheros!

    [:X]




    Single agenda? I usually post about illegal immigration as you know. This isn't about illegal immigration numbnuts. Are you off your medication again?

    P.S. If you don't like what I post don't read it. Have a nice day.


    so the ONE post that isn't about illegals is about. . . .












    wait for it. . . ..























    foreigners stealing American jobs.[}:)]



    Again, if any of you don't like them, don't read them. Why the obsession with my posts? LOL!
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Who here wants to work construction for fifteen dollars a day?

    Because if you're not willing to, there is simply no way we can compete with China.

    Blame who you like, but the fact remains no one here will work for that little as a matter of course and especially not where hard physical labor is concerned.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    if the united states does not get in gear, we will be sucking hind tit and we wont be doing anything in the world.
    everything will be made, overseas, and we wont have any manufacturing jobs in the united states.
    its sad, but our leaders are taking us down a road we dont really go, but someone better stop him before its too damn late
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270
    if the united states does not get in gear, we will be sucking hind tit and we wont be doing anything in the world.
    everything will be made, overseas, and we wont have any manufacturing jobs in the united states.
    its sad, but our leaders are taking us down a road we dont really go, but someone better stop him before its too damn late
    What can we do? China does it cheaper and cost is what all the decision makers care about.

    Are YOU willing to work for a dollar a day? I know I can't live off of that and I doubt you could either. No one can. Not here in the US.

    When other nations industrialized, they gained the ability to compete and their lower standard and cost of living gave them the edge.

    Our fiscal policy merely enhances the problems we face, but unless we return to slavery, there is simply no way we can get Americans to work for Chinese-level wages.

    And no one I know of wants to be a slave.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    most of the chinee stuff is see isn't worth the savings incurred..only about getting all of the American dollars to fix up china
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ******
    edited November -1
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Who here wants to work construction for fifteen dollars a day?

    Because if you're not willing to, there is simply no way we can compete with China.

    Blame who you like, but the fact remains no one here will work for that little as a matter of course and especially not where hard physical labor is concerned.


    I volunteer you. Might do you some good.[;)]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 38,925
    edited November -1
    build a city...they will come ... at bayonet point....
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 37,959 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Who here wants to work construction for fifteen dollars a day?

    Because if you're not willing to, there is simply no way we can compete with China.

    Blame who you like, but the fact remains no one here will work for that little as a matter of course and especially not where hard physical labor is concerned.
    Exactly, I was talking to an Iron Worker, who knows an Iron Worker who went to China for a company to see why they weren't getting some weldments built. Working conditions are beyond pathetic. Conditions like our industrial workers had in the 1880s to 1920 or so. The very reason our workers formed UNIONS.
Sign In or Register to comment.