In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Airport security question, even if you do not fly

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
When they give you your terrorist ratings number (color) what do you think it is going to be?

I heard on the news tonight, that "ALL" passengers will eventually have a risk number assigned to them. They will check things like your credit rating, employment history, etc. to evaluate the potential of you being a terrorist. Then issue each person a number, associated with a different color. Thought they were intruding into your private life before??? This is going to be tested at 3 airports for 3 months. Which 3 airports is a secret. (undisclosed) Hope my number is not 666.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    well, they can issue me any threat rating they want, I refuse to fly now and I'll even more profusely refuse with this kind of crap in place. A private business that is taking my money for a service has no business with my credit history, employment history ect... Next thing you know they'll want to start measuring "mr. winky". If they want my criminal history, that's fine by me, it's a matter of public record (and their isn't even a single entry on my criminal record, nadda, zip, zilch, nothing) but employment and credit histories, no.
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    with airlines on the skids this can be a big nail in the coffin. Amazing grown educated adults came up with this gem.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase: Fly the friendly skies
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    We can all thank the Bush Administration (and the Homeland Security) for another run at what few liberties we have left.

Howza come no one in Congress is raising 'ell about these infringements?

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
    Resident Pyrrhonist
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Enough people need to stop flying because of this. It is an invasion of privacy to no end! Of course there are those twits that will say "well, it's for our own good"! Are these people so fearfull, they are willing to give in to anything?
    "Give me Liberty or give me Death"- ring a bell? Few have that attitude anymore! I'll never fly!
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The airline industry didn't need this one. The administration seems to be dumping some money into the crisis ridden airlines by "conscripting" some of their planes for the war on Iraq.

But that won't help them in the long run if people refuse to fly because their credit & employment histories are going to brand them at the gate. What in hell does either subject have to do with one's likelihood of being a radical Islamist?

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    This is a dandy this time [V][V]. Not that I ever flew much anyway,but I'll just buy some of that criminally priced Arab gas and drive if I go anywhere.

This country is going to he!! in a hand basket fast[:(].

I also like it when people say about an invasion of privacy "You should'nt care if you have nothing to hide".

About a year ago the Washington State Patrol started doing randum automobile searches at state ferry terminals. Only one person(a single mother, I believe)had the guts to object. The rest of the slugs(spineless ground dwellers)said nothing. The State Patrol stopped the searches when the Legislature started questioning their motive.
  • Options
    armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I don't like flying, but if I did, this would be one BIG reason not to

LT. RRG

Texas Assistant State Director
    Armed Females of America

driver.jpg
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I work in the airline industry...I wish every American stopped flying a month after 9/11..when the phony 'security 'took effect..In fact,maybe every American did.
    Nobody should put up with the intrusive searches and pay money for it.
    Cede power to the few..then wonder wnen they take more away from you...

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Praise be to Bush and his assortment of jackbooted thugs! What's next? A background check for a marriage license? After all, don't want those terrorists to breed! How's about an IQ test for voter registration? Or a bank check when exercising your right to free speech? Bush seems hellbent on eliminating every single one of our rights. Say what you will about Clinton... Clinton didn't try any of this bullsh!#.
  • Options
    HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Mr. Monkey: Sir, please be careful in critizing our Leader.

We must obey for Our Leader is making Amerika safe and sound for us who have nothing to hide. We'll just quit flying (hah) for 2 hours and take 20 hours of driving time instead to show our displeasure. (I wonder if anyone would know?)

It's not what you know that gets you in trouble, it's what you know that just ain't so!
    Resident Pyrrhonist
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeeze, didn't the Nazi's put yellow symbols on Jews, and then Numbers? This IS getting rediculas, maybe EL DEAD MONKEY and HAIRY are right after all, I might of voted the wrong guy into 1600 Pennselvania Ave after all!!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI