In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mice!

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited October 2004 in General Discussion
You know Dawnie rescued three baby mice and tried to raise them, but they died.

Well, the other day, Vixie, the very fat lazy lady cat, caught and killed a mouse in the utility room. Dawnie told her she was a good girl. I had to dispose of the mouse carcass.

Then, this evening, Dawnie noticed Vixie staring intently at the base of a shelf unit in the utility room. She moved it slightly and there were mice under it.

Well...now...rescued baby mice are one thing. Mice running loose in the house are another. Dawnie demanded that I do something.

I moved the shelf unit and managed to kill four of the mice with a yardstick. They were young ones. Mom and another young one escaped to other parts of the room, so we set out some traps.

Not 10 minutes later, Vixie caught and killed the remaining youngster. Mom is still at large, but there are four traps and Vixie waiting for her.

Funny thing about big-hearted women like Dawnie. Whether you kill it or rescue it depends on where you find it.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn

Whether you kill it or rescue it depends on where you find it.

Such is the way of life. Don

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

Such is the way of life. Don

"I would not mind being the last man on earth just to see if all those girls were telling me the truth"
    Don, you insight and wisdom are profound![:D]

topcat1.bmp Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]Man I'm in the wrong league.[:p][:p][:p][:p]

On your mark-get set- go away!!
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    We don't rescue rodents here at the Miller household. They're always trouble and they make more quick enough to replenish any shortages.

No such thing as a good rodent in the house!

Nord
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1

Hate to beat a dead horse David, but brother....you said a mouthful!

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    Handgun Control, Inc. says they want to "Keep guns out of the wrong hands."
    Guess what?
    You have the wrong hands.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like to see a post about someone beating some newborn kittens to death with a yardstick. All the bleeding hearts would come out of the woodwork then......

stir, stir, stir

[}:)][}:)][}:)]

jumpmaster.bmp
  • Doc FeelgoodDoc Feelgood Member Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn, your insight and perception is ageless. Your statement is so true that it needs to be carved in stone to endure.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Thank goodness my wife is scared to death of any type of rodent.

Delta.gif

Extreme moments of horror should be met with extreme actions of preventive retribution

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my youth the most!
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Nunn, your insight and perception is ageless. Your statement is so true that it needs to be carved in stone to endure.

WTH???? Are you trying to get promoted or something??

jumpmaster.bmp
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:I would like to see a post about someone beating some newborn kittens to death with a yardstick. All the bleeding hearts would come out of the woodwork then......

[:)][:)][:D][:D][;)]

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All the women in my life have one thing in common: they don't want rodents anywhere near them, but they don't want me to kill them.

Figure that one out.

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dennis Smith
    My cat frequently comes busting thru the pet door and turns a live rat loose in the middle of the floor. Don't know why but they always head straight for me. I've learned to quickly pick my feet up when I hear the pet door bang open and that squeeling sound. I think the cat just enjoys watching me spaz out.

The other day, it happened again, but this time it flew straight at my head! I almost sprained something trying to pick my feet up and duck at the same time. It was a dove. I know the cat got a big chuckle out of that.
    G O O D KITTY!!

topcat1.bmp Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Funny thing about big-hearted women like Dawnie. Whether you kill it or rescue it depends on where you find it.

Don't forget, this often applies in their attitude toward us men.[:D]
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    quote:Whether you kill it or rescue it depends on where you find it.

That should become the quote of the century. Thanks Nunn. I am tucking that away to use myself.

I think we should present it to our Commander and Chief. Simple words that justifies military action and is a truism that will be difficult to refute.[;)]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln