In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range Report!

kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
edited April 2006 in General Discussion
The recoils is a little jarring but its a blast to shoot...

report2ld.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Some of you may remember the "yard sales are fun" thread I posted a while back, where I mentioned picking up a Winchester Model 67 .22 for $40.

Yesterday, I finally got a chance to take it out and give it a try. It was also the first opportunity I had to try out my chronograph. Bonus![:D]

Groups were fired from a portable bench, with regular sandbag rests. 25 yards. Open sights. Didn't have any fancy match ammo on hand, so I had to rely on some el-cheapo Federal American Eagle and Winchester Super-X.

Time to get down to business.[;)]

In this pic, the first shot went low and right. Raised the rear sight one notch, and fired the next three. Yes, that is three shots in one tiny little group. Not too bad, eh?[:p]

win67ae.jpg

Moved up to the upper right target, and fired another three more shots. Here's the group:

win67ae2.jpg

Next, I decided to see how some Winchester Super-X ammo would work, just for S's and G's.

Here's the three shot group they produced:

win67wsx.jpg
    A little farther to the left than the American Eagles. I figured a different brand would shoot a little off, but I was surprised how it grouped as well.

Now, to say my eyesight, even with glasses, isn't exactly 20/20, is an understatement. I believe this experience is testament to the quality that guns used to have. A sight radius of 23" and a 27" barrel doesn't hurt, either.[:D]

The chronograph, at 15 feet, showed an average of 1117fps for 10 shots with the American Eagle ammo, and 1092fps with the Winchester ammo.

Words really cannot express how happy I am with this little investment. This one isn't going to get traded off, period![:)][8D]
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen round Hamburger cut like that............
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    That is what you call round steak.[:p][:D][;)]
  • Options
    jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    swiss cheese cow
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    It's obviously an altered picture... everyone knows those cannons only hold one shot![:p]