In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Other Iraq

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in General Discussion
Anyone stumble onto this website yet?

http://www.theotheriraq.com/

I seem to remember a media blitz put out by these people a few months ago.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Visit http://www.theotheriraq.com

I just saw a commercial on the TV. It showed tons of Iraqi Kurds thanking us for saving them from Saddam.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Oh sure, like we should be believing that load of horse manure.

The "other Iraq" has been killing Turkish civilians in terrorist attacks for decades now. They're opportunistic cowards who are only cozying up to us because their Soviet benefactors dried up and blew away.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Oh sure, like we should be believing that load of horse manure.

The "other Iraq" has been killing Turkish civilians in terrorist attacks for decades now. They're opportunistic cowards who are only cozying up to us because their Soviet benefactors dried up and blew away.
    Spoken like a true bad neighbor![:D]

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=219767
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cartod,

Hell, where the Kurds are concerned, I'm the WORST neighbor.[;)]

Can't stand 'em and I make no apologies for that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

Two political parties control Iraqi Kurdistan: the PDK and the PUK. The "terrorists" you are talking about belong to the PKK. Turkey has pushed into the border region twice (in an effort to eliminate the PKK) since the 1991 war and both times have been supported by the PDK and/or the PUK.

The PKK is currently banned from Iraqi Kurdistan. Try again.
  • Options
    JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    Well the 20 months I have spent in Iraq and all the people I dealt with on a daily basis showed me that the Kurds are the most trustworthy of the 3 sects. The Sunis and the Shia both hate the other and are fairly violent about it. the Kurds hate both the others but just want their own country. We had very few and I repeat VERY FEW Sunis or Shia that were allowed on the FOB's most of the locals that worked on the FOB were in fact Kurd's.
  • Options
    TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My SF brothers think the Kurds are the greatest.

They fought beside them in the early stages of the war, and tell me they're honorable people and great warriors.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:The PKK is currently banned from Iraqi Kurdistan. Try again.So banned that they let them operate with impunity within Iraqi Kurdistan territory. Yeah... sounds real banned to me.