In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Movie Star on GUNS-GREAT!!

DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in General Discussion
From a copy of Guns Magazine in June of 1957. BEFORE being politically correct was a mandate of Gollywood. Sammy Davis Jr wrote a short article. I quote.
I have always liked the old fronteir style of revovler, and have about thirty or forty Colt single action guns. Have a couple of cap and ball revolvers, too. Colt and Remington. But my favorite, or I should say, "favorites" are a pair of Colt Frontiers given to me by the Fronteir resort hotel in Las Vegas when I played there last. First time I tried quick draw I was beaten by my friend Mel Torme, who also collects Colts. Since then Ive tried to speed it up a little, using one of Arvo Ojala's holsters. Arvo helped me in studying quickdraw and gun handling too.
* Mel had a fantastic Colt SA collection. Also in this group was jerry louis the comedian and they often did fast draw stuff on stage. Gee times have changed.

Comments

• Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea and Jerry lewis was dang fast too. I wonder if he still has all
    his old colts? Or did they go with the times?

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    bk0331bk0331 Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about today's Hollywood stars? Who is pro gun?

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence onto those who would do us harm." -George Orwell
  • Options
    stewartstewart Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tom Selleck is big time pro-gun, and a great actor to boot!

Glock 17,27,22,23&35, HK USP40 & 45, Sig 220ST, Colt Combat Elite, Beretta 96 Elite, Walther P99, CZ 85,S&W 686 Ruger 22/45
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    If I'm not mistaken, Wesley Snipes and Joe Mantegna are gun owners and Robert DeNiro just recently renewed his gun permit for New York state.