In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Drunk Chicken

jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
Anyone ever cook a chicken sitting on a can of beer on a grill? How long does it take to cook and what temp. do you cook it. I heard they taste great.[:p]
JW

fc6cb6ef.gif

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beer Butt Chicken-

Stuff a can-o-beer in the cavity of the Bird use the can as a stand and BBQ under Med. heat good stuff!

Cabelas sells a nice stand to make it easy [:)] GARLIC in the brew is my fav. Sprinkle Season Salt on the out side and bast with a little butter.
    I do mine at least 45 min to 1 hour
    hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops
    Virtutis-Gloria-Merces
  • Options
    ibffsteveibffsteve Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I mix one can beer and same amount of BBQ sauce fill can with mix and stuff it into he bird,use rest to brush on while cooking and dipping when eating. Cook on low heat for about an hour(I use a meat thermometer stuck in the top of the bird). Be careful I've found it will burn easily.
    If you use gas grill I've found that if you dont use lava rocks over the burner that it wont burn as easily but it does make the grill a little more messy.
    Man makin me hungry just thinkin about it [:D]

Size up the situation
    Use all your senses
    Remember where you are
    Vanquish fear and panic
    Improvise
    Value living
    Act like the natives
    Live by your wits