In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Century Arms Garands?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mark, got a little mean streak going there, looks good on you. Don[}:)][:D][}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Somebody wake me up when this thread is over...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Is that a possability? Don[}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    He could be:

Out on a date...

Buying several new rifles...

Applying for the FBI accademy...

Purchasing his new Ducati motorcycle...

Working on his hockey skills (this one I would beleive)...

Phoning his mom and making her search his room at home for his CMP M1 Garand paperwork. Just imagine what else she might find in his room!!

Let's see...

No date tonight

Already put a bid in on a collectors pack of M44's (check this link since I already know you don't believe me: http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/viewitem.asp?item=17968722

FBI comes after I get my masters from UC, and that's quite a few years off

I think I asked one question about Ducatis a few months back and was just curious

Just got back from free-skating for 2 hours

Already talked to my mom about finding the paperwork, no luck.

So I ask you Mark, what is your beef with me? As far as I can recall I've done nothing to you and all I'm receiving from you (aside from good gun advice I'll admit) is constant scorn and subtle insults. Feel pretty tough sending cheap shots to people over an internet board? Make you feel pretty good about yourself?

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Is that a possability? Don[}:)]

What? Waking me up, or that the thread is over...

[:p]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Matty, stick around, robo showed back up. And he wants to take on Mark Christen! Might be a fight. A fight over the remains if the buzzards show up fo robo. Don[}:)][}:)][8D][}:)][}:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Proof once again that the buzzard is a nasty bastarrd with no taste...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Damn, everyone seems to enjoy taking shots at me. Wonder what I did to bring such lovely treatment....or maybe I just was myself...that's what must have caused it...[8)][:I]

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roboman
    Damn, everyone seems to enjoy taking shots at me. Wonder what I did to bring such lovely treatment....or maybe I just was myself...that's what must have caused it...[8)][:I]

ROBOSLAP -

Look up Aunt Sally (Salley?)in an Old English dictionary...

EVERYBODY wants one...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Aunt Sally

Aunt \Aunt\, n. [OF. ante, F. tante, L. amita father's sister. Cf. Amma.] 1. The sister of one's father or mother; -- correlative to nephew or niece. Also applied to an uncle's wife.

Note: Aunt is sometimes applied as a title or term of endearment to a kind elderly woman not thus related.

2. An old woman; and old gossip. [Obs.] --Shak.

3. A bawd, or a prostitute. [Obs.] --Shak.

Aunt Sally, a puppet head placed on a pole and having a pipe in its mouth; also a game, which consists in trying to hit the pipe by throwing short bludgeons at it.

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Robo dude, try to be honest with others in EVERYTHING, then there is no doubt as to ANYTHING. Check out my pathetic life. Not exciteing but fun (for me). Don[8D][}:)][8D][:o)][8D][}:)][8)][8)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Aunt Sally

Aunt \Aunt\, n. [OF. ante, F. tante, L. amita father's sister. Cf. Amma.]

Aunt Sally, a puppet head placed on a pole and having a pipe in its mouth; also a game, which consists in trying to hit the pipe by throwing short bludgeons at it.

I've read better definitions but -

i.e. - a target for abuse...

An Aunt Sally is a lifesize figure of an old woman (originating in merry old England) that is paraded through a crowd and pummelled and abused.

ROBO - you are this board's AUNT SALLY.

And I like you!

Than again, I like bus fumes...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Robo, you can jump on me, you can jump on a train, but it is not a good idea to jump on a garand man like Mark. I thought it was a nice touch by select to make the offer. Don[:o)][8D][}:)][8D][:o)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Mark's the one jumping on me. I'm just returning fire so to speak. And besides, select admitted himself the offer was just a way to test my seriousness about buying one. He'd have been more pissed if I had actually gone for it.

I'm the Aunt Sally eh? At least I'm good for something..

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Robo, you can jump on me, you can jump on a train, but it is not a good idea to jump on a garand man like Mark. I thought it was a nice touch by select to make the offer. Don[:o)][8D][}:)][8D][:o)]

You left out "Hop on Pop"

Dr. Suess will be pi$$ed...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1

I'm the Aunt Sally eh? At least I'm good for something..

Let's not jump to conclusions ROBORIFIC...

[:D]
    [:0]
    [:p]
    [:)]
    [:D]
    [8D]
    [:I]
    [:o)]
    [;)]
    [:0]
    [:(!]
    [xx(]
    [|)]
    [:X]
    [^]
    [V]
    [?]

There, that ought to cover it!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Live and learn, I did when I was younger. Or did I? Don't take it personal. Don[:D][:D][:D]

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Don't feel too bad roboman, I have a guy over on the experts forum who told me I needed to go back to grade school because I did not know what he meant by FRN. It turns out it this means Federal Reserve Note. Well I am a firearms dealer and not a banker but now I know...but it will be along time before he gets his technical firearms questions answered by me! Your problem roboman is that you tell us too much. You have been talking about that M1 from the CMP for months on end. I even told you that you could e-mail me directly with specific M1 qestions (but I never heard from you). Just last week you were asking for intructions on how to sight in your new M1 and how to disassemble it. Then we heard what we have all come to expect from you-- a problem which caused the purchase to fall through; The M1 purchase was off because your Mom could not find the paperwork. One thing I will say for you Rory is that your posts generate more responces than anyone elses by a wide margin!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    David, I made a mistake and offered a firearm to sell. Tried to help another member out and ended up breaking GB rules. Won't happen again. If I decide to sell this firearm it will be listed on GB. Sorry .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know where I can get a Garand?

ROBO, tell 'em all to go F themselves!! Be yourself, be true to yourself and don't let 'em back you down!

Ohhhhhh - I think I'm gonna puke...

[xx(]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    I merely asked about the difficulty of disassembly and sighting in. I do not recall saying that I had bought one and was wondering about these processes for my new Garand.

And how have I come to create a trend of firearm purchases falling through because of problems? Do you think I make these things up or try for them to happen?

I don't care how many reponses I get, especially when 90% of them are ill-spirited and what not.

As soon as the summer gets here and I'm back on my 56K my posting will drop significantly. I'm sure you can rejoice in that day mark, for my incessantly annoying questions, my obvious attempts at sabotaging firearm purchases, and just about my presence now will take a huge step downward.

As a side note, I count a total of 20 garand topics that I've posted on. Guess I really am spamming the forum with meaningless questions...meanwhile I see 69 garand related topics posted on by Mark. I guess answers are more valuable than questions...

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DAMN!

What ho?!

Holey manoley!

Jumpin jahoseafat!

Sheee ut!!

Blarney!

ROBO, if you were looking for an HK I wouldn't give you this kind of grief!!! Step up! Garand owners are snobs!![}:)][:D]

Us HK guys are real down to earth...

[}:)][:D]

Lighten up BEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTCCCCCHHHHHHEEEEESSSSSS!!!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    Do not cry in your cheerios. Get a grip.. and I don't mean on that. You are young and stupid ( as oppossed to being old and stupid).Been there and still am most days. Live and let live. (should be a name of a movie) Don.[:D][:D][}:)][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a grip. I'm not trolling for pity, whining, or anything of that sort. Just posting as usual. Once again you're making assumptions...

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Robo, I do not make assumptions, I pity people that are assumptions. I pity you. Don[}:)][:D][8D][:o)][:(]

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Don, I think the kid has heard enough from this one post to last him for quite a while. Be aware Rory that I am also an advanced HK collector so you won't escape me by changing loyalties! I had Trooper Chin post a couple of photos from my HK collection a few months back and these attracted considerable attention, especially my restricted dealer sales samples and marksman rifles. You need to join the Garand Collector Assocuation because we need more fellows your own age to help balance out the grumpy old guys like Don and myself. Your entire life is ahead of you roboman and I just feel that you need to find some direction and maybe I am jealous that you are just 19 and I'm A LONG way from there!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm already a GCA member, to help with the purchasing of the CMP Garand I'll never get since I attempt to sabotage all my purchases.

Besides, I have plenty of direction. I'm finishing up my first year of college with a 3.82 GPA (at the moment) and have plenty of work lined up for the summer.

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I've only ever shot one Garand and it is the International Harvester I bought from an estate of a WWll vet. I took it to the only two people nearby that know much about them one was my Dad who used the M1 as his long range combat rifle, and who loved mine, the other was a retired Colonel who served in WWll and thought it must have been a "cook's gun" or someone who never saw combat. I always thought they looked awkward, like a pregnant guppy, and that they were too heavy, but after the first time I shot it I was hooked. It is a smooth operating, accurate and 100% reliable rifle. I'm on my third fifty cal. ammo can of 8 round clips,plus some odd boxes from the Colonel, which I think is slightly less than 1,000 rounds. I paid $600 for this rifle and would not take twice that for it.If I get out deer hunting in a part of the state that allows rifles I'd love to use the Garand.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mark. I feel that was a real good choice of words. Don.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Robo, just a few words of advice from me.Don't play poker with guys that have nicknames like "Pete The Animal" or "Icepick Willy" and don't hesitate to take Mark Christian's advice on guns. And now there is a third to add; when someone offers you a gun at a really good price, take the offer and worry about getting the money later.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    Be aware Rory that I am also an advanced HK collector so you won't escape me by changing loyalties!
    Mark T. Christian

You vill neber excape...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

• Options
    edited November -1
    You old farts sure are rough on the kid.

• Options
    edited November -1
    What happened to tropper chinn anyway? Don

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of this thread I am never buying a Garand. [:(!][:(!]

Hey Mark can we see some of those pics again?

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the hell is a Garand?[}:)]

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777