In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Digital scale- powder dispenser comb??

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Anyone here using a automatic powder dispenser or trickler in combination with thier digital scale? I've been considering a scale for some time now. I'm wondering if it's worth the cost to get the dispenser too. Do you have to use the same brand dispenser as your scale, or can you mix and match? Are they accurate?

What got me wondering is my playing with a new powder today. Loading 32/20's with Universal Clays. Starting load listed in the manual was 3.0 gr and max load was 3.2 gr. Not a whole lot of room for error. Much less than I'm used to at least. Being a new powder and considering the small weight range I weighed every charge. I'm just thinking a power dispenser might be less work.

Woods

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woods, I don't own one but had the chance to use one once. They are slick! Not sure if you have to keep the brands together or not but I know they work off of an "electronic eye" so that tells me that it apears you need to match brands. They are accurate, pubh in the weight needed to program it, then just keep hitting "Dispense", the one I used was checked against a regular scale and was right on the money.

magnum.gif

email.gif
  • charger_rt440charger_rt440 Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ones I have are accurate to +/- .02 grains every time.

I have the RCBS scale and trickler.

Stress--This happens when the brain overrides the bodies basic urge to strangle the crap out of someone!!!!