In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

your thoughts or experiances on this?

charger_rt440charger_rt440 Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
what do you know about the Hesse AR-15..
good, bad, indifferant?

a local pawn shop has a few of these that he is claiming are PRE-BAN for about 700-100 depending on the barrell length.

will my colt mags work in the Hesse Receiver?

My Bushmaster works flawlessly but it is set up more for sniper work rather than close range work, translation its too heavy to go moving around with for very long.

for the same money I can get a POST ban Bushmaster...

Stress--This happens when the brain overrides the bodies basic urge to strangle the crap out of someone!!!!

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Never heard of a pre-ban Hesse. Hesse's business revolves around building crappy receivers and building a gun around it from a parts kit. QC is shoddy and I wouldn't chance it. Buy the Bushmaster, great QC and a lot better product. And yes, the GI mags fit the Hesse too (some filing/fitting required, on the gun that is)[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the input, I was wondering if this guy was trying to pull a fast one on me...he was telling me that the Hesse guns were twice the gun that Bushmaster makes....I figured that would be pretty hard to do..[:D]

Stress--This happens when the brain overrides the bodies basic urge to strangle the crap out of someone!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ROFLMAO! If Hesse's were twice the gun that the Bushmaster is, the military would be buying all of them. Hate to be this nasty about it, but I could probably build better receivers in my garage than some of the stuff that Hesse turns out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]When you get one of those built send it to me I will test it for you..[;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    How about I send you the test results? Still a few months out on the current project. Lower receiver's been built, stock should be done by Sunday, upper receiver and bolt *'y are still being drafted. PS it ain't an AK or AR[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rrrrreaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy....

how big is it???[:D]

and how much is it gonna cost?[}:)][}:)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Initial specs are 26" for the SBR version and 34" for the civie version. Cost: no idea yet, probably wouldn't be too expensive if goes to production. The prototype is going to be $$$ to finish, fortunately things have been slow at the shop so I've diverted some time and supplies to finally building it. I drew up the initial blueprints probably two years ago. Should have a working prototype by summertime.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PS: FYI the prototype is civie spec (in case all ya ATF boys are reading)
  • Options
    BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    KJ,not in the Garage right? What if??BE SAFE!! Buffler
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, the components are in the safe, but it is all legal and being built to civie spec to avoid a lot of paperwork and headache.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][}:)][:D]
    What caliber you using?

I have been looking at that .50 Beowolf website pretty hard...have to keep wiping the drool off my monitor.[;)]