In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Read This Article And It Got Me Thinkin'

robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://www.al.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-6/1077692676125280.xml

It's about a park needing to bring in sharpshooters to take care of extra deer. I was wondering after reading this, how do you become a sharpshooter for this task? How does one become employed in doing this? Or do they just bring in SWAT snipers and let 'em have their fun?

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    OK I will bite. What do they call a sharp shooter? The state defintion? Maybe the liberal definition? Is there a legal deinition for sharp shooter? I am confused.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    It is a shooter who wears the very latest styles and who has a very well-trimmed haircut.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sharpshooter = well trimmed haircut never fired a gun and a yale education [8D]

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Here, when an area needs some in town deer control, anybody that passes the target range test that the hiring body gives can get the job. Stll have to have a state hunting license and in the case of geese and such a migratory bird stamp. Usually it is done with bows to avoid the chance of bullets passing through and to keep it quiet. Put three in the bullseye at thirty yards and you are good to go. Piece of cake. Wouldn't call it sharpshooting by a long stretch.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems