In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old fishing stuff from the Colonel

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Old retired Colonel gave me his fishing gear today while I was working at his house.Two very interesting reels that were given to him by his father when he got too old to fish. Now the Colonel is too old to get out and about so he gave the stuff to me. He gave me about 7 or 8 rods and reels and two tackle boxes full of lures and things. Some of the lures are quite old. I really like the one old reel made by some company called 'MUSKRAT', nicely engraved on it's side.
Whenever I get an old military gun I go see the Colonel and show it to him. His eyes light up and he tells me all the old war stories about using that type gun or having them used against him. He has always been a warm host and never treated me like hired help. I am honored to be the caretaker of his fishing heirlooms and I told him so. I don't think he has long to live now. I'm going to miss the old war horse.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• Options
    muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is great. [:D][^] Some of those old lures are worth a lot of money. I have about 300 old lures on the walls of my room right now. Some go back to the '20s & '30s but most are from the '50s & '60s. I think the most valued ones I have are three "Pumpkin Seed" lures that are worth $75+ each. Some old lures are worth thousands. If you want to identify some or just want an idea of their worth, look on Fleabay under antique fishing lures. [:D][^] The old reels are worth a lot too, sometimes.
    muley
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    bdj, is there another name or mark on the reel? I collect as well and have most reference books. Can't find a lead on Muskrat, so you've got me curious. Be glad to help if you're interested.
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Any of those Rods made of steel or Bamboo?

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Haven't had time to look closely at any of it. Just what I noticed while putting it in the truck. I'll check it out tommorrow when I have a half a day off and let you guys know what is there.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems