In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DEMOCRAP' S MARINE MISFIRE !

BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
edited August 2004 in General Discussion
July 31, 2004 -- SCRANTON, Pa. - John Kerry's heavily hyped cross-country bus tour stumbled out of the blocks yesterday, as a group of Marines publicly dissed the Vietnam War hero in the middle of a crowded restaurant.
Kerry was treating running mate Sen. John Edwards and his wife, Elizabeth, to a Wendy's lunch in Newburgh, N.Y., for their 27th wedding anniversary - an Edwards family tradition - when the candidate approached four Marines and asked them questions.

The Marines - two in uniform and two off-duty - were polite but curt while chatting with Kerry, answering most of his questions with a "yes, sir" or "no, sir."

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them "for their service" and left.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one Marine said, adding, "I'm 100 percent against [him]."

A sergeant with 10 years of service under his belt said, "I speak for all of us. We think that we are doing the right thing in Iraq," before saying he is to be deployed there in a few weeks and is "eager" to go and serve.

The Marines - all of whom serve at nearby Stewart Air Force Base - wouldn't give their names.

It wasn't an auspicious start to the senators' "Believe in America" bus tour - a 22-state, 43-city tour that will cover roughly 3,500 miles over 15 days in an effort to carry some of their momentum out of the Democratic convention.

But the rest of Day One went smoothly, as massive crowds - including what Kerry said were up to 20,000 in Harrisburg, Pa., - greeted him, Edwards, their families and Ben Affleck at the tour-kickoff event in Boston and at two stops in the Keystone state.

"Ninety-seven days
; let's make it happen," Kerry told hundreds of bleary-eyed but upbeat supporters who showed up at a 7:30 a.m. rally on the shores of Boston Harbor - less than nine hours after Kerry finished his acceptance speech.

Kerry also employed Paul Revere's famed midnight run and imagery of Bunker Hill to bash President Bush over U.S. intelligence failures.

"These are the places where people dared to stand up and put their lives on the line - to take a risk - for something they believed in very deeply," Kerry said of the Boston neighborhood where he was speaking.

"One if by land, two if by sea, and the message was right. Come to think of it, they had better intelligence than we do today about what's going on," Kerry continued, drawing the loudest applause of the event.

In Harrisburg, Kerry noted that there was more bad news coming out of the financial markets yesterday, with oil prices reaching new highs and economic growth limping along at three percent.

Comments

• Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Someone else posted this earlier, and I can damn near assure you that the two times it's posted here are two times more than you'll see it in the "main stream" media. [:(]

Somehow, those Marine's opinions are not worth televising unless they are out there preaching the accolades of SKerry and the gang... what a crock of shiit.

Cheers to those men for standing their ground.

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry about the repost. I've been reading the board off an on today and I double checked befor I posted it. I guess it is on the second page.
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Speaking publicly against a worthless Massachussetts U.S. Senator....

Priceless.

If Kerry would of gotten 2 young Marines he would of gotten what he wanted, these Marines had 2 National Defense Service Medals- been in awhile.

awcountdown.gifIt wasn't only the Bill Clinton Gun Ban- without Bill Ruger there would of been no ban .
    MichaelMooreFatStupid.gif
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    Beeramid: I did not mean to offend you, was merely "thinking" outloud. Funny how it has been posted a couple of time though. Someone or (someone's) must think it's awfully interesting [:D].

NSDQ!

NS_Crest.jpgr6team.gifAmerican_IR_Flag.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Night Stalker: No offense taken man. I looked just to see and didn't find it, yet it was there. Yeah I found it very interesting indeed. I think its good enough to be seen twice..[:D]
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Too bad they didn't * slap him, he could have got a fourth purple heart.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems