In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need a little Makarov help..

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited March 2004 in General Discussion
Picked up a nice little Makarov 9x18 for $125. Shoots real good too. Came with a set of extra thumbrest grips. I see it has a hinged trigger guard like a CZ 380, but the slide doesn't come off like the CZ. How do I get it apart to clean it? Oh, Hornady makes some nice hollow points in 9x18 Mak. that open up real nice on impact with fairly light material.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out Makarov.com. Lots of good info there.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Thanks Jgreen, it is like the CZ 380. Just takes a little more force to get it apart. I really enjoyed shooting this gun today. The frame mounted barrel makes for a good shooter. At the price of less than $150 I think I'll grab up a dozen or so for birthday gifts and such.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bdj: Mine is August 6th. Don't go overboard or anything; I don't need a lanyard, but I prefer the red military grips. Thanks.
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    DWS We share the same birthday. We should get togather and have a party. That way Bigdaddy can give us both our presents at the same time[;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tools: Good thinkin'. bdj can jump out of the cake and give us a hug. Then we can unwrap our Makarovs and blow up his Amana side-by-side.
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    DWS Love it[;)][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
    edited November -1
    I'm all for it, but I ain't making a xxxl cake to jump out of.[:D]

• Indy7373Indy7373 Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you pick it up at?

Happiness is a warm gun.
    edited November -1
    It had been sitting in the local shop for many months and I felt sorry for it. I asked the owner what he would take to get it gone and he said $125 no tax, out the door. I'm going to ask him if he can get me some more of them for that price.