In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Once in a Blue Moon or three.

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
I'm one of those lucky people that rarely gets ill.Perhaps a flu every two or three years.Today the planets must be just right because I'm fading by the hour.Been trying to remember the last time I was sick and I can't. My friend the doctor attributes my seeming indestructibleness to 'being from the deep end of the gene pool'.
Don't you just love country doctor lingo?
I think it has more to do with growing up in impoverished third world toilets and spending most of my growing-up years exposed to the vilest filth that man can create. I believe my immune system has been 'tuned' over the years to the point where a 'bug' invading my body is treated much like a rabbit shot with a 50BMG.
Occasionally the sniper white cells must miss and the regular grunts have to go in to mop up. I feel the battle raging, but we will be victorious!

Big Daddy[feeling like refried crap]Jr.

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the victory comes soon for you.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    PRZNCOP110PRZNCOP110 Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling. I had not been sick since High School (about 15yrs) when I came down with the bug two years ago. And was it ever vengful[}:)]. Sick for two weeks, in bed 11 days of the 14. The cough that it left behind lasted about 3 more weeks. Get well soon[8D]

"SOCIETY PREPARES THE CRIME, THE CRIMINAL COMMITS IT"