In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First Real Gun

2»

Comments

• Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Sears single shot 20 gauge shotgun. I got it for Christmas in 1981, I was thirteen years old at the time. Most of the other kids that I knew that hunted had gotten their first guns a few years earlier than I did. I still have that shotgun, but I haven't shot it in a while.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    PRZNCOP110PRZNCOP110 Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first real gun was a Beretta 92FS. I bought if off a retired LEO so I could use it on the job. Within 6 months, the gun bug bit me good. I have been buying several guns a year since then. I can't remember what my first rifle was. It was either the 10/22 or a Savage 110 in .270. I know I bought them a few days apart.

"SOCIETY PREPARES THE CRIME, THE CRIMINAL COMMITS IT"
  • Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
    My dad gave me a well used winchester 37 20 gauge when I was 10.With his help, I bought a Ithaca Model 49 single shot lever action when I was 13 new for $39.00 of hard earned hay money. I still own them both........Greg
  • Options
    Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, Remington 870 Express 12 guage, with 28 inch barrel, choke tubes. Still has the same barrel on it, but now it has full pistol grip stock (removable stock), synthetic forearm, jumbo head safety, high visability shell follower, 10 mag. extention, fiber optic front sight, side saddle shell carrier, mag./barrel clamp with sling swivel, and an adjustable nylon sling. I really like that one.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.

Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.

If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple years after I got out of the service, I decided to move to the "Big City" of Jacksonville, Fl. Figured I had better have something for protection, so I bought a Bauer .25 auto. Later sold it to a girl that moved a couple places and ended up in Chicago. I tracked her down and bought it back. She had it under the seat in her car, so good thing it is stainless. Paid $100 for it, sold it for $100 and bought it back for $100. Now it isn't for sale.

Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    When I was 12 years old my dad gave me a Noble mod 235 (pump 22.)
    When I was 16 he gave me a sporterized 03-A3 (30-06). I still have the 22.[:D]

Self defence is an ablsolute and natural right. Keep your powder dry! J. Rau, Alaska
  • Options
    toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Remington falling block .22. My dad bought it at a gun auction when I was 5 for $17, the stock was broken so my dad found a piece of walnut and carved a stock out for it. I shot my first squirrel with it that fall. It's still a great shooter, my 10 year old boy hunts with it.[:)]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!