In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Mossberg O/U? I can't believe it!

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
This is a Mossberg Over/Under shotgun. John Browning is rolling in his grave. I checked mossberg.com and it is not shown under there product list.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=28287683

R/

Dave
th_bigclay.bmp
People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling

edited because I can't spell

Comments

• Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Looks like the turkish guns I've been seeing everyone's labels on. Pretty well made guns for the money though I would rather see a better quality steel and less engraving. The wood on those things is a-one as is the finish. Watch, Turkey will be the next big gun importer. Start with shotguns and go to rifles then pistols undercutting everyone along the way. I'd buy one in a minute if I needed one.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Looks good to me as well. Can't beat that price either. [^] I'd take one. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW![xx(] I should have no problem selling my Classic Doubles with all those around.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
    ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
    Twentynine_Palms.gif
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't like the engaving myself, it looks kinda cheap and half-assed. but i do like the gun overall and the price. i'd buy one. i like the color of the stocks, at first i thought it was polymer in the thumbnail and i almost puked! but all in all, i'll be looking for one as soon as i can afford it.

cody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought it was polymer too, hence the "EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW".

Twentynine_Palms.gif
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thatd be my safe queen! looks expensive..

errr what kind of gun is that!

(door slams) DONT TOUCH, VERY EXPENSIVE, MOVING ON!!!

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • Options
    SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if Mossberg makes these in 410? I want an O/U 410 that I won't have to spend an arm and a leg for. Looked at the Khan and the Baikal, but haven't decided anything yet.

EMSParamedic_small.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slider, Take a look at the BSA line, made by Huglu and cheaper than Huglu's price.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=28331724

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    Slider, Take a look at the BSA line, made by Huglu and cheaper than Huglu's price.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=28331724

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"

Not a bad looking piece of wood.

Twentynine_Palms.gif
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I handled one a month or two ago. Better fit and finish than the russians, fit better, but didn't feel as solid. Made in turkey. Not a mossberg, but a mossberg International. They were on their website. I suspect that they are under a diffreent canopy to save them if the warranty, or liability becomes an issue.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    warrenty information for the two websites is the same. So I think they just called them international because they are imported.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fugley.. I will pass.. NO Mossbergs in my safe or on the premise.
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    "Mossberg quality...You can`t go wrong...THESE WILL NOT LAST...."

Thanks for the honesty,you know,the "these will not last" thingy. I want something thats going to be around awhile so I think I`ll pass.
  • Options
    Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks pretty decent to me with a reasonable price.

I wonder if this is made by Yildiz with a Mossberg label?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne
  • Options
    fotomattfotomatt Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just picked up my Mossberg Reserve (bought from seller "daimond" in Silt, CO...nice guy and good, honest dealer).

I had shot my buddy's Russain Baikal and definately think the Mossberg is a nicer feel, weight, balance than the Baikal.

Dollar for dollar I don't think anything is going to stack up to it...sure the finish isn't the greatest...but you just can't compare it to the finish of a Citori or other high-dollar O/U. And besides, it's not the finish that breaks the bird!

Now to work on the 5 and 6 towers of five-station!

Regards from Colorado...

...from somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
    - fotomatt
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    They look like good functional guns. The cheesey gold paint should be left off; less engraving too. The wood is beautiful and they funciton great.

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippo-blue1.gif
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mfg in Turkey for Mossberg by Khan

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"