In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Update- No more .50 BMG's in CA.

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in General Discussion
Just like the AR's, AK's etc.

Here is the whole scoop.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/50bmgfaqs.htm

new_snipersmilie.gif
NRA Life Endowment Member

Comments

• Options
    Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I was hoping '05 would be good. [V]
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    ...And that's why I turned down a job offer in San Francisco on Tuesday. The job was to work for Perrier on their fleet of trucks for $45k starting out. An old friend emailed me with the job offer.

I hated to do it but I'd rather make $20k a year and have rights than go somewhere's and make more money with less rights.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Red its ok to own them, Your just stuck with them unless you sell them out of state (I think)

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    Mr. BlastyMr. Blasty Member Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time's up. [xx(]
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red,
    $45k in San Francisco IS like $20k anywhere else..........good refusal. You'd be living on the streets only making $45k there.

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    $45k= Ham sandwich and a Yougo [:D]

new_snipersmilie.gif
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must have been out of the loop on this one. Did Arnold sign this into law too, or was this some type of voter referendum?
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    1.25 hours south of S.F.

$250K gets you a 700 sq. ft. double wide on a tiny plot with a shed outside.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    [V][:(!]

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    $45K per year in San Francisco means you'd end up living out in Tracy (or even further away) and would making one of the most back breaking daily commutes in this state on I-580.

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    [:(][xx(][V] I'll bet my money that sadly enough the 50 BMG will eventually become classified as a Class III weapon or a Destructive Device.

signew.JPG
    VincentOwned.jpg
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    For every problem, an answer is usually very close.

http://www.edmarms.com/news.htm

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN ONE PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED PIECE, BUT, TO SKID ACROSS THE LINE BROADSIDE, THROUGHLY USED UP, WORN OUT, LEAKING OIL, SHOUTING GERONIMO!!"
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    50s today 22s tomorrow,, read the words writen on the wall....[:0]
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kalifornia will be a much, much safer place to live, work and raise a family with the passage of the 50 caliber ban bill! What a crock!
    Please, someone, tell me, how many crimes were committed with a 50 BMG in the past fifty years????
    And Arnold wants to be president????? Sure, lets amend the constitution so ego maniac, narcisstic, steroid using, nitwits can run for president!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
    stooges.jpg
  • Options
    James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]When the rest of you skinheads learn how to spell CALIFORNIA and then realise that we're not where YOU'RE problem starts-we'll get along better and I do give a snot, but you idiots are again, making me wonder.[|)][:o)][:p][:D]

On your mark-get set- go away!!
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must be an idiot for living in KALIFORNIA, the land of fruits and nuts!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
    stooges.jpg
  • Options
    gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, knock it off ladies.... You're scaring the straights...
    So what if he lives in CA or KA or Austrailia Norte. I live here too. We all enjoy firearms... some more than others but still. OK, so Arnie signed this measure into law. So what? Well, if we don't like it, then simply do not vote for him next time. Raise a stink with your elected official and remind them of the fact that they are elected officials and can be voted out or worse outvoted. As far as Arnie goes, I think he's playing the same games that got Davis thrown out. He may not see a second term if he doesn't watch his step.

"The ability for evil to triumph exists when good men do nothing." Edmund Burke
  • Options
    RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...And we thought Arnold was cool... But after all look at his inlaws family.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Arnold is a RINO a-hole and would sell his mother for political favors. Next time vote for Tom McClintock, he's more pro gun than the G.O.A.!

7_2_120.gif
    "Aim small, Miss small"