In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Eating with the enemy......

muleymuley Member Posts: 1,583 ✭✭
edited October 2003 in General Discussion
Last night we had a couple over that just moved in down the street. Why? Damned if I know. Mrs muleys idea. Anyway, she didn't tell me but when I asked what she was cooking for dinner, I noticed the extreme lack of food in the menu. The main course was what appeared to me to be weeds and bushes....That's when I figured out that the new couple were vegetarians. Now, I don't have anything against anyone not eating meat or animal byproducts, but I don't have to join them. At least, I didn't think I did. My own sister is a vegetarian and has been most of her life. But, she doesn't insist on other people eating as she does. Anyway, Mrs muley planned this ordeal and I had to go along with it. I couldn't even have a glass of milk. So, here we were sitting down with a bowl of weeds in the middle of the table. That is it! It turned out that this was one of the visiting enemies favorite dish. I was determined to make it pleasant for Mrs muley and go along with the plan. That is, until the female visitor started talking. She talks too fast, too loud and too much. She started preaching about the evils of hunting and eating meat, etc. What brought this on was when she saw the Mule deer mount that I have in the living room. A nice 6 pt buck I killed near Rifle, Colorado a few years back. That's 13 pt buck to you back east, 6 on one side and 5 on the other plus eye guards. Anyway, I inserted a few arguments and "bullsnots" when I could get a word in, but I soon grew very tired of this snot. So, I got up and went into the kitchen and got me something to eat. When I brought my two cold pheasant legs and big glass of milk to the table, the female visitor grew pale and I thought she was going to faint. It was kind of funny because the male visitor, who hadn't said a word all evening, was grinning. Mrs muley, however, was giving me the look that meant I was being inconsiderate, insensitive and an sweetie.(I didn't type sweetie). The plan worked, however, because soon they left. That's when I knew I would catch hell from Mrs muley. But, imagine my surprise when she walked up to me after they left and said, "What a onager".(I didn't type nor did she say "onager") So, I don't think we will be entertaining these PETA wannabes any time soon. Anyway, thought you should know. The enemy is everywhere.
muley

Comments

• Options
    Dyer_MakerDyer_Maker Member Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Thats funny. How was the pheasant? You should have told her how much fun it was hunting while eating the pheasant.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A person shouldn't ever come into anyone else's home and insult thier way of life...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    You done right, except ya shoulda let out a good belch and ripped a good fart!!![:D][:I]

pacamopasrear.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    quote:A person shouldn't ever come into anyone else's home and insult thier way of life...

"Nuff said !!!!

JuJu (who is having a rough night)
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Proud of ya ol'timer! And your Mrs. too, after the fact. [:D]
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You get to being an old fart and start ripping farts Pa you could get a suprise!
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    5 Stars for both of you!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]
    Tell Mrs. Muley that I have been there and wanted to strangle the guests, who were now lecturing me.[}:)] Ya'll did good![:D]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    pa....one of the things I like about eating pheasants is that they don't make me phart.
    spiny....I know what you mean. At least Mrs muley agrees with me on this one...[:D] [:D][}:)]
    muley
  • Options
    spinyspiny Member Posts: 3,117
    edited November -1
    muley: I suspect you two agree on more than you ever let on to. Otherwise, you never could have pulled this off![;)]

spiny
    'not all who wander are lost'
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    They were insentive and a bore[:(!][V]
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JuJu, you shouldn't be having a rough night... You should be starting to get your ammo from everybody any day now. [:)]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hehe, you should invite the guy to go huntin with ya
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,607 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Ya did good Muley. I'm proud of you.[:)]

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking along the same lines as rogue_rob. Since he did not say anything all night, and was grinning when you brought out the real food. He (secretly) would probably be up for a hunt, or at least a trip to the range. That is if he can sneak past his Mrs.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You're probably right. He didn't seem like a bad guy. Just kind of whipped. He probably hasn't had an idea of his own in years, but I'll catch him alone and give him an invite. He could go hunt a couple of quail with me, even if he doesn't hunt, he could ride along and look at the pretty, brown eyed deer.
    muley[:D][;)]
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley, you didn't remind them of what VEGETARIAN meant[?]......LOUSY HUNTER!![^][:D]

"Well i'll be a suck egg mule"...Arthur Hunnicutt.
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    You done good muley.

fb0d9d60.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    muley: the only thing that you did wrong was that it should have been a "extra rare piece of veal with blood still running out of it". Then as you stuck your fork in it, you should of cried out like a cow.[:0]

Im sure the response from them[:o)] would have been earth shaking.[:D][:D]

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER