In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My wife is crazy...

richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
My wife is pregnant with our first child, and I think she is losing her mind. Before I was allowed to go to be last night, she made me get up on the roof with a flashlight and a gun because she heard a burglar up there. She locked herself in the bathroom with a revolver. A delusions a common thing with pregnancy? This is a woman who when we me didn't even want guns in the house, now she is alway asking if we have enough ammo in the house. She also is having crazy dreams about cats and dogs. What gives?

Why does everyone feel the need to burn that much powder?

Comments

• Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

Sorry, richbug, but that's hilarious! My wife went a little kookoo as well during her pregnancy. Although, I never had to get on the roof! I would suggest that you prepare yourself for lots more of that kind of stuff, the chemical changes inside your wife will go on even after the baby is born!

Also, you might consider giving your wife some pepper-spray instead of a revolver just until she levels-out or you might end up getting shot!

In any case, good luck with everything. Your life is about to change BIGTIME! [:)]

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Get used to it for a while. Even for a month or so after the baby is born. Until her hormones stop running wild. Hang in there though, it is about to be the best thing that could happen to ya. Congrats, and best of luck.

SALLY
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    My wife was a little crazy also,and still is,just never got over it.[:D]

"By the time you can make ends meet,they move the ends"
  • Options
    Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Use this time to you advantage. Tell her "No honey we don't have enough ammo or guns we must buy more today." [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • Options
    SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Richbug, I just went through all this...we have a six-week-old at home. I used to joke that, during the last trimester, that aliens had stolen my wife's brain. As for the gun thing - my wife, who is generally uncomfartable around guns, asked me to buy a new handgun that she would be able to use if she needed, when she was about halfway through the pregnancy. Imagine, actually getting "permission" to buy a new gun, without having to ask...yeah, she sure was acting different. The emotion thing will just get worse for a while, just put up with it, nod your head, and say yes ma'am. If she does anything really wacky, stupid, or "mean" she will invariably apologize for it in short order - when the aliens return her brain that is...

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • Options
    SkydiveSkydive Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is crazy all the time. Just don't give her the gun next time. With those hormones flying you might just come home to a house full of holes.

I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one... It wasn't doing what I was doing.
  • Options
    kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well..My wife is crazy but you don't hear me telling everyone. Oops.
  • Options
    VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BWAHAHAHAHA

thats a riot

Yea, you have till around 2 weeks before the kid is born to deal with this, then it really gets wierd till he/she is out. Then you are looking at around 6 months of strange and dont be suprized if you are cut out of the loop between baby and mom. Things get fairly normal when the kids starts getting near 2.

OB tips,

Order a pizza while your wife is in labor, shes poed at you already, why get yelled at on a empty stomach?[:p] Pizza Hut delivers to the ward.

Order roses as soon as you get her to the room, 1 doz, red. Or you are dead.[xx(]

When the baby comes out, dont panic, it will turn human after they bake it under the lamp. [:D]

When they ask you to cut the cord, ask if they will knock 50 bucks off the bill. They wont, but if you get a female doc the look on their face is worth it.

On a real note (though I did all of the things I just listed so I guess they are real to) talk the wife OUT of a episodomy. My wife had one with the first, she was HURTING for weeks. The others she just tore a little and sne was up and walking the next day.

Those people who see nothing but grey areas, no black and white, are lost in the fog.
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Yes, she is crazy but it will pass (I liked smokeeater's reply [}:)]).

BTW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    militarybest_1732_9663365
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife was the type that would say o honey I love you so much then in the next breath would start crying telling me I hated her and wanted another woman. It too in time shall pass.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give her all the support you can and thank the powers that be it is not you. This too shall pass.

When my wife was pregnant with our first I was working 4-12 shift and we had just got to bed. She was worrying about getting the baby's bedroom painted and we had just shut out the light at about 02:00.
    It was quiet for about 5 minutes and then she said "We're going to have to get that bedroom painted." I just got out of bed and started putting on my clothes. She asked what I was doing. I'm going to paint the bedroom. And I did.[:D]

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    SkydiveSkydive Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elect1mike
    My wife was the type that would say o honey I love you so much then in the next breath would start crying telling me I hated her and wanted another woman. [/br]

Oh yeah, I've had some of that. Maybe it's somthing in the water in Illinois.

I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one... It wasn't doing what I was doing.
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Varmint Mist: Episodomy is illegal in Indiana on weekends.
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry, but I had to wait for a little while before posting a reply on this thread because of my laughter. Granted, often people like myself find humor in other peoples misery just (1) simply for the fact that it is not us that is having to live it or (2) we have been through it and are cherishing the thought of somebody else experiencing it knowing we are not alone. Unfortunately for you, I am from the (1)st group of people [:D][:p][8][}:)][}:)][}:)][:o)][:o)]

LOL, I wish you well richbug and your soon to be full family, I'm sure you and your wife will pull through just fine and look back on this event and laugh. And next time I see a person on their roof with a gun and a flashlight I won't be worried about snipers I'll be worried about their wives. [:p][:D][:o)]
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I understand that there are pre natal vitamins. Mabe they would help.
  • Options
    madmarc0madmarc0 Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hide the freakin guns! For god sakes, don't give her one during this time. Her locking herself in the bathroom YOU could have been shot coming back into the house!
    Good Luck
  • Options
    familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too had to stop laughing long enough to reply, and yes you're in for a lot more of this. If you don't know that hormones make you weird, try to remember your teenage years.

And YES, you'd better bring flowers!

My wife came in while I was cracking up over this, read the posts, and said "You'd be weird too if you had an alien inside you"
    We're a month away from #2's arrival.

Dang, that cord was pretty tough to cut, I thought I'd just snip through it....

I don't know about the episiotomy, though. My wife didn't get one with her son from her first marriage and ended up with 56 stitches. Ok guys, how many of us could really live through that? [xx(]

There are so many good things to come, though. Check out my 'bursting with pride' post. Congratulations [:)]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?