In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Holster--Ruger single six

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Any reccomendations on a holster that will snugly fit a Ruger Single Six with the long 9.5" barrel? Would really like a nice leather one, but money might make me get a nylon one.

I was thinking maybe a holster meant for a 7.5" regular/large frame revolver might work, but not sure.

Jon

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Look for one made by "Hunter" good American leather. Next would be Triple K.

I re-read your post and after a quick search found this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=155612686
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't one of the forum members auctioning off a PILE of long barrel revolver holsters....including a Hunter holster in the pile?? Was it gearheaddad...??? I'll see if I can find the thread plugging that auction.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks LF. I will have to keep an eye on it.

Jon
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Thanks alot Kasey. First I didn't win the Bronco .22 he had, now I gotta bid against Jon on these!!!![:0][B)] Just kidding, honestly I'm glad you posted that link I saw them a bit back, but had forgotten about them.

Jon if you're gonna bid I'll refrain, let me know.
    edited November -1
    Everyone should put in their bid of what they are willing to pay....its only fair that everyone bid freely on the auctions. That one hunter holster is worth a pretty penny! (I'd hate to see someone miss out on a deal because they didn't want to bid against other forum members.)

Now you guys just need to remember to fight over MY auctions too!!! [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Thanks alot Kasey. First I didn't win the Bronco .22 he had, now I gotta bid against Jon on these!!!![:0][B)] Just kidding, honestly I'm glad you posted that link I saw them a bit back, but had forgotten about them.

Jon if you're gonna bid I'll refrain, let me know.

Matwor, very honerable of you. If you are interested go ahead. I am not 100% sure if I am going to put a bid in or not and don't want to defer you from doing so.

Jon
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jon0322
    Any reccomendations on a holster that will snugly fit a Ruger Single Six with the long 9.5" barrel? Would really like a nice leather one, but money might make me get a nylon one.

I was thinking maybe a holster meant for a 7.5" regular/large frame revolver might work, but not sure.

Jon

Tandy leather. The kit is for a 7.5 and the extra bbl length would stick out the bottom, but you could use the pattern, and a large scrap piece of leather (or two) and cut it longer. If you want it really snug, soak it and let it dry with the gun in it, (suitably greased of course) then re-oil. Kiwi Oxblood looks good.

BTW the carving isn't needed for it to look great. imho

Allen
  • idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out www.simplyrugged.com I have two of his pancake style holsters and can absolutely recommend them.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Everyone should put in their bid of what they are willing to pay....its only fair that everyone bid freely on the auctions. That one hunter holster is worth a pretty penny! (I'd hate to see someone miss out on a deal because they didn't want to bid against other forum members.)

Now you guys just need to remember to fight over MY auctions too!!! [:D]

Kasey,
    What can you tell me about which Hunter holster in the pile?
    Thanks,
    Ed
    edited November -1

Jon

If I remember, I'll try my Ruger 9 1/2" tonight in that long one. I think it will be perfect! I think my dad had it for a Colt Scout Buntline..........
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    www.andrewsleather.com

He's litterally a mile down the road from me, makes good stuff.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad

Jon

If I remember, I'll try my Ruger 9 1/2" tonight in that long one. I think it will be perfect! I think my dad had it for a Colt Scout Buntline..........

Cool, let me know if it fits good!

Jon
    edited November -1
    The Super Single Six fits like a glove in that holster except for the very back/top end where the rear sight is. It seems to need to go another 1/4" or so to snap the strap. but its real tight against the sight and I didn't want to force it. If I wasn't selling the holster, I'd try to shove it just a bit or 1/4" or so could be easily trimmed from the top of the holster. It apparently was made for the Colt Scout Buntline 9 1/2" Barrel with no rear sight.
    Good Luck,
    Ed
    quote:Originally posted by gearheaddad

Jon

Cool, let me know if it fits good!

Jon